Chapter1

Silently I put my plate in the garbage as I moved towards the living room. Looking out the window I saw a young skinny girl with brunette hair and hazel eyes. I wish I was prettier. It looked close to mid-night. The stars were even hiding behind the clouds. I just couldn’t sleep for some reason. I had a really bad feeling and it wasn’t going away. 

Pulling out my tarot deck I shuffled them three times before putting them in a circle. Flipping the bottom one over it was a dark horse. A warning. Well shit I already knew there was something wrong tell me something I don’t know. Moving to the right I flipped the card over it was- there was a loud crash from the kitchen. Turning quickly around there was a guy climbing through my kitchen window. Holy fucking shit why my house it was the only warn out looking house on the block. Scooting back towards the dark corner I held my deck tightly hoping to be invisible. The guy was tall with red hair. He was also dressed in all black. Does this guy like black? The guy was sun kissed and covered in dirt. Whatever he was covered in looked sticky. Just gross. 

Reaching behind me something was between the wall and me. It was my trusty bat. Holding it in front of me I slowly stood. I moved towards the kitchen just hoping that the stupid person who decided to brake into my house would come within swinging range. 

Come on you stupid thief. Standing silently in the corner I watched the man move around the kitchen and around my house. 

He moved into the living room and towards my dark corner that’s when I swung fast and hard. 

“Ow what the hell” he yelled holding his arm. 

“What the hell” I yelled back “you’re in my house!”

“Did you have to hit me with the bat” he yelled back. 

“Did you have to brake into my house” I yelled back lifting the bat again ready to swing. 

“No wait” he said holding his hands up.

“Why” I asked gripping the bat. 

“Because” he said reaching towards his pocket “I have something you need to see.” I watched as he moved his hand into his pocket that I didn’t see his hand reached behind him pulling something out I swung hard at the hand holding something black. 

It was a gun I think I saw it as it went flying behind him. We looked at each other before we both ran towards the gun. We jumped towards the gun but he was taller and had a longer reach. I couldn’t do anything as I watched him grab the gun and point it at my heart. I felt it hit my breast and it burned all over my body. I’ve never felt anything so painful it seemed like hours before the pain started to fade away. My body still burned so much that I was twitching. 

“Gods am I dead” I whispered trying to move. 

“No” the guy said leaning over me “I just shocked you a little so you wouldn’t hit again” he was looking over me for something. I felt him move the bat out of my hand before he patted me down. 

“Bastard” I whispered as he picked me up easily and took me to the back bedrooms. Turning into my room he laid me on the floor next to the bed. What he can’t show a little decency and lay me on the bed. He pulled out a pair of handcuffs and cuffed me to the bar at the end of the bed. 

I started to feel better and able to move again I turned my head watching the thief head into my bathroom “Asshole” I yelled twitching again. I heard the shower turn on as I tried to sit up. 

“Uh I hurt” I mumbled leaning against the bed “What do you want” I yelled finally able to speak normally. 

He stuck his head out of the bathroom “to shower. That’s why I’m in the shower” he said like I was the dumb one.

“And why am I here” I called. 

“Because you live here” he called back “oh you mean in here? So you wont run away. There’s some really bad people out there.”

“Great” I said “just fucking great.”

“Did you say something” he called from the bathroom. Reaching around me I looked under the bed and smiled. I only have two hair pens. Why? Because I don’t believe you should dress up everyday just so people will look at you. So I just throw my hair up and call it done. Grabbing the single hair pen I started to pick the lock which I learned in news paper and year book class. A real learning experience. Once the hand cuff was off I rushed into the living room and grabbing the bat. Passing by my phone I grabbed it stuffing it in my back pocket as I entered the bathroom. Oh gods he’s really naked in here. So gross. A thief is taking a shower in my bathroom. Moving towards the shower I held the bat up and aimed high. The bath just swiped the curtain aside. The guy was bent over it looks like he had dropped something right before I swung. 

Standing up he held his hands up “Hey. We can work this out” he said.

Keeping my eyes up I swung again but he moved to the side barely missing the bat “mother fucker” I growled “get the hell out of my house” I yelled at him. He grabbed my lowered bat and yanked me towards him. Slipping over the side I fell hard on my butt getting soaked in the process. There was aloud crunch from under me as I rolled over. Groaning I held my head after hitting it on the soap holder. Looking up the robber guy was already out of the tub and moving towards his clothing. 

He had my bat as he was pulling his pants up. Slowly reaching into my back pocket I pulled my phone out. It crushed and soaked. 

“aw not my phone” I cried. 

The guy just laughed. Glaring I threw my phone at the guys head “Dumbass” I yelled as he easily dodged the phone. 

“Now behave or I’ll taser you again” he said pulling his shirt over his head. Lunging at him I knocked him backwards landing on him he groaned his head and hands still in his shirt. Grabbing my bat I crawled off him and tried to move towards the door. A hand grabbed my foot bringing me down hard. The guy was on top of me in seconds he had my right arm twisted and pinned behind me. 

He leaned down level with my head “are you going to stop” he asked holding my arm tightly. 

“No” I said slamming my head into his knocking him off and to the side of me. Turning I grabbed my bat ready to swing but it was too late. A white hot pain started in my lower stomach and spread threw my body as I fell backwards. My eyes couldn’t stay open as the pain racked my body.