Chapter 1

"Veds wait up!" A recognizable voice said behind me.
I could hear heavy footsteps pounding the ground.
Shit, I just want to go home.
"I'm not waiting so you better hurry up, Jackson." I said while still walking to my motorcycle in the school parking lot.
Jackson finally caught up to me and started to walk beside me. Jackson is my bestfriend and I've known him ever since kindergarten. When he pulled a prank on our kindergarten teacher I knew that was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship. I never really had a girl as a bestfriend, girls are too much drama.
"Hey Veds, want to hang out this weekend?"
"Sure."
"Alright I'll text you later"
"See ya."
It was Thursday and I couldn't wait for it to be the weekend. If I could survive one more day in this hell hole then I could drink away the weekend. I put my bag in the compartment of my Harley and hop on the seat. I turned the key and  revved the engine. Off I went, speeding past all of the buildings and greenery. I soon arrived at my house, parked my motorcycle in the driveway, turned off the engine, grabbed my bag out of the compartment, and started to walk to the door. Before I could get the key in the lock, my kid brother James opened the door for me.
"Hey thanks bro." I said while giving him a hug. He is ten and I'm eighteen, I look after him more than my mom ever does.
"Where's mom?" I asked while looking around.
"I don't know." He said in return.
She's probably off with one of her sleezy boyfriends. She's never home and is with a different guy every night. I'm surprised I don't have fifty other siblings, the way she sleeps around. My dad left us after James was born, I took it the hardest. James doesn't even remember him. I set my bag down on the table and walk into the kitchen.
"You hungry?" I asked James.
"I could eat a horse!" He replied.
"Bagel Bites sound good?"
"Yes!"
I took out the Bagel Bites and preheated the oven.
"Did you finish your homework?"
"I did it when I got home."
"Alright."
The oven was ready so I popped in the Bagel Bites and set the oven timer to twelve minutes.
•••
The timer went off and I grabbed the Bagel Bites out of the oven and scooped them onto two plates.
"It's ready James!"
"Coming!"
James ran into the kitchen grabbed his plate and ran back into the living room to finish his video game. I grabbed my plate and walking to the living room. I took a seat on the couch next to James and watched him play his game. An hour later the Bagel Bites were gone and James had grew tired of his game. I grabbed his plate and mine and walked into the kitchen to put them in the sink.
"Hey James I'm going up to my room, don't stay up to late."
"Ok I won't goodnight sis." He said.
I walked upstairs to my room and opened the door. I walked in and closed the door. I walked to my dresser grabbed new underwear and pajamas then walked into the bathroom. I set my clothes on the sink and turned the water on in the shower. I started to get undressed and hopped into the shower when the water was good and hot. The water felt so good as it ran down my body and soaked my skin. I was in the middle of my shower when I remembered I have homework.
"Shit! Eh I'll do it tomorrow." I mumbled to my self.
Once I was done I turned the water off, got dressed and jumped into my bed. I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram. I was halfway through my feed when I heard a moving truck and voices outside. I jumped out a bed and ran to my window. Oh my God people are actually moving into the house next to mine. Nobody had lived in that house for years! I saw a mom and a dad and they looked like preppy kind of people. Then I saw him. He was tall and looked around my age he was wearing a black leather jacket and a band tee shirt. He had ripped jeans and converse on. He had black hair that was kinda long on the top. He looked around and spotted me, he locked eyes with me and winked. I couldn't move, I just stood there stupidly. This was not like me. I quickly shut my curtain and leaned against the window. Why are his parents so preppy and he's like me?
---
A/N: Hey guys I hope you like my story so far. I can't wait to introduce the new character.
~Emilrrr