66. The Price On The Battlefield

Start from the beginning

He doesn't turn my way, "It's been a while." He mutters, still looking off into the distance.

I step in next to him, fixing my hands in my red trench coat pockets, "You dealt with Johnson, I need information on Charlize. You told me she has substantial weaknesses I need to utilise. Did you see Forthright yourself?" I ask him, pointedly.

He turns his eyes to me, "Yes, I saw him. The cuts and bruises were prominent, one eye forced shit and the wounds against his abdomen were exposing. The Cordial Matrix made him bleed out, Charlize was too focused on you to understand the head,I stresses rebel interferences. Claudius Borne, also known as Claudius Celestial believes Charlize to be dead. I sent a certain note to show of their family reunion, which will be set at the exact location in the city Central Park. As requested." He says to me, handing me a platinum USB stick. I grab it with leather-gloved fingers.

He shivers at the cold, "Forthright didn't die the date scheduled. It was a couple days prior. He passed of a lethal dose from a ventricular fibrillation that disrupts the heart to maintain its pumping action, causing him to go into cardiac arrest before his throat was slit, his wounds were made after he died." He says to me, whilst showing me the file, picture of Forthright's mangled body and salt infested body. He didn't die at Sylvan lake, but another lake with salt water, he was brought to the lake below, presumably after he died.

I purse my lips, "Are you telling me the Cordial Matrix did not specifically target Forthright?"

Detective Brandon Sinclair turns towards me, my closest guard and one best undercover, the one who was suppose to hit on me in that bar, the one who was suppose to keep a close eye on Ace Johnson but stay so completely undercover, until now. Brandon gives me a nod, "No, he was a target of Zoysia's. Claudius is busy attempting to maintain damage control of the academy, whilst building another one in the city." He tells me, showing me pictures of him and Claude Borne in a meeting with a building consultant in the city, exactly a month ago now.

I slide between the photos, "I need critical information on Charlize. What did Winston want from Oswald Creed, and why did he use Charlize to get it?" I ask him, having already reiterated this on a hidden email not too long ago.

He looks out into the view, "She wanted Celestial enterprises, which was bought off by John Parker when he married Christina. It was erased not too long after that. Your mother, Poppy inherited the funds and old Designs, profits, names of employees, all given to your mothers in an account created by your Grandfather, John Parker. I believe it's a programme that still needs to be encrypted. I found word of it in Charlize's diaries under the school, exactly where you told me they would be." He explains, I turn towards him.

"What does Oswald Creed have to do with this?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "He was their main funding source from what I understand. Charlize wasn't in love with him when she posed as a prostitute to get information from him. It all turned bad when she found out she was pregnant." He says to me. I snap my eyes to his.

He sighs, "This information could only be found on past Fitzgerald records, Zoysia removed the baby on Winston's command, Claudius was no longer a great part of it after six years when he believed Charlize to be dead, wrists cut and a suicidal note next to her, which was once again, fake. None of that really happened, she did it to get away from Oswald who wanted her for torture after she ripped him of a large account in his funding, yet he has many more accounts to protect himself personally. This was all documented at Fitzgerald youth." He explains to me, pointing in the specific places of exactly where Charlize is mentioned.

"Did the baby live?" I whisper the one question I was afraid to head the answer too.

He shakes his head, "The baby died in the womb." He says to me.