ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᏔᎬ FᏆNᎠ ᎾᏌᎡᏚᎬᏞᏙᎬᏚ standing amongst miles and miles of ancient ruins

ᏔᎬ FᏆNᎠ ᎾᏌᎡᏚᎬᏞᏙᎬᏚ standing amongst miles and miles of ancient ruins. It was deadly silent as the night was falling and the air was dry; there was no wind to blow through the countless disintegrated structures that surround us. All was still, all was peaceful. For a few moments.

From the dust and sand that covered the ground came magic.

It rose from the ground, a powerful blue vortex that rippled and twirled; its violent dance emanating the essence of elegance.

As the bright ropes of magic warped and coiled in the air, a small structure could be seen forming amidst its vibrant, blue lacings.

A plan was hatching.

And as the alluring ball of light slowly festered, the structure was lowered onto the ground.

Against the endless landscape of ancient and crumbling ruins that surrounded it, the edifice looked out of place.

It was a smooth and polished, wooden contraption in the shape of a three-pointed arch. The fine Elmwood heavily contrasted the rest of the sandy terrain. Along with its intricately painted designs, a phrase that seemed to be in a strange language was engraved at the top; the embellishments only adding to its obscurity.

But while one wanted to inquire further into the mysteries this object held, it wasn't the only cryptic entity for long. Mere seconds after the contraption was complete, a sharp crack could be heard ripping through the silence.

A tall and handsome young man had suddenly appeared. In his dashing black robes and wavy blonde hair, he looked even more peculiar than the wooden object he stood next to. His dark eyes trailed over the sandy rubble around him until they latched onto the wardrobe. He bent down to its level and briefly examined it, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a long wand. It was thin, but the multiple designs and oddities it had differentiated it from others. The young man lightly tapped the wardrobe with the wand, causing a door to slowly appear in the center.

And abruptly, the giggles of a small child could be heard from inside the wardrobe. Yet, the young man didn't even seem surprised as he opened the door, reached in, and with great delicacy, carried out a little girl who was wide-eyed and amused. Anyone could see that she was absolutely beautiful. With her bright eyes and dark brown hair, no one would have ever guessed that the man holding her was indeed her father. As he cradled her in his arms, his little girl, he looked at her with a sense of awe, with an air of love and adoration. She was his world. It was a heartening sight to see. But, unfortunately, it would be the last time the man would feel that marvelous emotion.

Being able to cherish her for only a few moments, the man was forced to place her under a sleeping spell and back inside the wardrobe. He tapped it lightly with his wand once again and the door disappeared, sealing it shut.

Over time, many could only guess as to why the man was so numb, to himself, to others, and to the cruelty he lashed out onto his many victims. But in reality, it was in this exact moment that the man's soon-to-be infamous cold exterior had begun to harshen. Yet, no one would ever know, the details of his mysterious visit being just that: mysterious.

But although it's unclear what exactly happened that fateful night in the Chaco Culture ruins of New Mexico, we do know that whatever it was, had tipped over the first domino to a string of events that wouldn't start for another 78 years.

  "They never saw it coming."