Chapter 10 - Their first Kiss

Hey guys :)

I hope you enjoy this chappy :) (It has a little more Xavier-Danielle-Alone-Time, if you know what I mean *wink wink*. So if you're not comfortable with reading more heated scenes, please don't read on and quit it right here.) 

Song of this chapter is 'Warriors' by Imagine Dragons. I love it and I love Imagine Dragons. I can recommend it so check it out if you want.

*NOT EDITED! READING ON YOUR OWN RISK!*

_________________________________________________________________________________

***Danielle's POV***

"Moooom," I whined. "Please, I can feed myself!" 

"Honey, you are not fully healed. You should rest. Lean back and let me give you your food."

"No. I don't want you to feed me like I'm a three-year-old. I can eat all by myself, thanks to you."

"But you are my little baby." Her voice got softer with every word. "Please don't do such thing again to me. I was so worried about you! What did you think? Fighting three men on your own! Why didn't call back up? You could have got yourself killed!" She was crying and holding my hand thight.

I felt like I needed to comfort her, so I embraced her in a hug. Sobbing echoed through the room an we stopped hugging when we heard a soft knock on the door. 

It opened and revealed a concerned looking Xavier. 

"May I come in?"

"Come in Xavier. I need to leave anyway to talk to Danny's father. You can accompony my daughter if she wants." They both looked expectically at me and I nodded, eagerly to finally have some time with my mate.

"Thanks Luna Allen. I will take good care of her." He said politely while my mother stood up to leave.

"I don't like it when people call me Luna. Just Ashley, please."

He shook his head and we both said our goodbys to her. She turned around one last time, while she stood in the doorframe, to look at me. A sad smile present on her face. I could tell by the way she was looking that she didn't want to leave my side and that she really freaked out when I wasn't conciouss. 

After we heard the click of the closing door, Xavier made his way towards me. He looked mad and at first I thought he might be mad at me for not calling help when I needed it or for storming out of the room when I yelled at my father infront of everyone. To my utter suprise he hugged me thight to him and I was engulfed in his wonderful scent. He strocked my back and said how sorry he was. I broke the hug and looked confused at him.

"What for?" 

"For not being able to protect you. I should have. If I'm not able to protect my mate, how am I supposed to protect a whole pack?" He looked away, not meeting my gaze.

I took his head in my hands and lightly brushed my thumb over his cheekbone. He finally met my gaze again and his eyes were full of different emotions.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It was my decision to make. You are here now and that's all that matters. Why are you here anyway? You said you would leave at the day were the big arguement was."

"Are you seriously asking why I haven't left?" I nodded, totally aware of the reason why but I wanted to hear it from himself.

"You, silly."

"Me what?" I wanted to tease him a little. There was way too much tension in the room for the past hours, since my awakening.

"I stayed because I wanted to be sure that you're OK. You're my number one priority now. I never left the place outside this door."