The Truth, Finally.

Unedited. 

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Rey looked over at the girl in his passenger seat. She was twitching uncontrollably and her eyes were continuously darting under the lids. She was floating higher than a fucking kite that she probably had no idea where she was or what she’d just said.

He looked back at the road, her words replaying over and over in his mind. The truth, finally. At least, her truth. I loved you and you cut me…

It didn’t mean anything. It couldn’t. That’s what he kept telling himself over and over as he drove her to the only person who knew how to deal with shit like this. He didn’t want to take her to the hospital unless he absolutely had to. The last thing that needed to happen right now was Vince finding out about this. She was already caught in the crosshairs and after Vince found out about this, all hell would break loose. Up until now, the unsaid agreement was Marco wouldn’t touch his sister. He could go after him all he wanted but Elina would be left out of it. But Marco just wanted to press Vince’s buttons so he made her work at the club and expose as much of herself as possible without completely crossing the line.

But tonight…

Marco had gone too far.

After she’d passed out the first time, he’d let every man in the room touch her on any exposed inch of skin that they wanted to. They were to leave whatever was covered by fabric alone. Rey had to do everything he could to keep himself from blowing his cover by ripping all their hands off her and taking her in without her permission. He could take a lot, deal with numerous things, but this, this was so far off the spectrum that it was worth blowing his case over.

When Marco concluded his business with Rob, he’d allowed the Black Jay to take his men and leave. Rob smirked at Rey as he left, knowing full well what they’d just done was deep under his skin. Marco sat on the couch across from him, staring him in the face as he ordered the two other men they’d brought with them out of the room. As soon as the door closed, Marco stood up.

“Your Rose is very exposed at the moment.”

“You put her there.”

Right after Elina collapsed against the couch after taking the drug, Marco ordered all the other strippers out. The girl she’d snorted the line off of looked at Elina with worry before leaving the room. Marco then proceeded to scoop Elina up and place her down on the small performance stage in the room. It was almost as if he knew how she would act and wouldn’t fall off the edge of the stage where he put her.

While the rest of them looked on, Elina writhed on the stage, moving in ways he’d never seen her move and that was saying a lot since they’d been intimate only a couple months ago. She let out breathy noises and moans that he swore on his own life he would hear again just not in a room full of other men. She didn’t know she was doing it, that much he gathered, but all the other men in the room instantly sat forward in their seats and watched her like she was prey.

Prey they’d all be happy to hunt down and devour.

Now, though, she lay completely immobile, still flushed from the drug running through her system. The painted on black streak that was supposed to be in place instead of a mask was smudged in areas where her hands slid across her skin on the way up to stretch above her head.

Marco smirked and looked down at her. “Yes, I did. And she performed just like I knew she would.” Rey gave him a confused look which Marco just glanced at. “Something you don’t know about your Rose, Sanchez, is her former Thorn trained her like a dog. He had that particular talent. He liked to own things and his things were taught to act a certain way. Arrietty was no different.”