Chapter 3 - Filth

Nine years ago.....

"You're never going to be one of us," Jessica glared at me from a great height as she stood over me on teetering heels. I was struggling to get back on to my feet, again, having been pushed from behind, again. Jessica, the red headed bombshell whose existence was just make my life a living misery, cackled like the witch she really was. "You'll just be a fatty for the rest of your life."

Don't listen her, I close my eyes and will the words out of my ears.

"You'll always be a filth. Your blood will never be pure like ours."

Cruel words, cruel, cruel words.

"You don't deserve to live."

Present day....

The air, it was suffocating me, I couldn't breathe. I gritted my teeth because I didn't trust my vocal chords, all I wanted to do was scream. I started to choke on the air that was breathing, the cold still whipped against my bare legs. And when I was sure the smell was getting stronger, I ran back inside and headed for the stairs.

This can't be happening, not right now. Not ever!

I faintly heard Crick call my name out from wherever he was before I slammed the door to my hotel room shut...and then proceeded to slide down the door in a heap.

Shit.

This can't happen.

My body was preparing. My body was preparing to turn, I could feel the convulsions coming and I bit my lip as tears started to pour down my face.

This was not supposed to happen!

But it was. It was happening, and there was only one reason why....

Wolf.

My wolf was starting to break out, and all because there was a wolf or wolves in this hotel. I could feel it.

I took in a laboured breath and counted to ten before exhaling in a huff. I repeated again, and again and-

"Doll? You okay?"

Damn it Crick, not now.

He knocked on the door and I bit back a whimper. I wanted to be alone. I needed alone. I couldn't risk exposure if I changed.

Would I change? No. I wouldn't, a females body took months to prepare for a change, I had seen countless women go through it in the past...even Jessica. God this was not natural!

Crick knocked on the door again. "Doll please, let me in. I want to know if you're okay."

Shit.

"I'm alright," I wheezed out, I rubbed at the tears that had soaked my face. "I'm having feminine problems and I-"

"Whoa, it is not in my contract to listen to this kinda shit. I'm out." I could hear his retreating steps from the other side of the door and giggled.

This was far from feminine problems. This was-

The tone of my cell phone broke free from my purse.

Caller ID: Hilary

"Hey where are you?" Jazz music and laughter accompanied Hilary's voice. Shoot. I was supposed to be quick in my attempts to calm my temperature down. "You've been gone for more than 45minutes. Hurry up!"

"Yeah, I'm coming. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry," she sighed. "Just get here quick, I want you to meet Aid." She hung up promptly, leaving me to stare my IPhone. I didn't need to be surrounded my people right now. I didn't need to be near a wolf right now.