"Not to be dramatic but I swear to fucking God if you spend this whole time flirting with the nurse I will kill you" Mercy states and I chuckle.

"Come on Merc, I've gotta get something out of this" I jokingly tell her, however I'm not so sure how much I'm joking. Josephine is beautiful, naturally so in her baggy scrubs and makeup free face, it would be easy for me to flirt with her under different circumstances.

The door opens again and we are greeted with Josephine's smiling face and we see another woman following closely behind her.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Griffin I was wondering if I'd be able to get you checked is that okay?"

Oh shit. Do I have to be here for this?

Josephine must see my face and she politely smiles and brings me over to the couch.

"It's okay trust me, we get dads all the time who get a little freaked out but I promise you..." she trails off waiting for me to tell her my name and I realize I haven't introduced myself. Between Mercy screaming and Josephine doing her job I guess it never came up.

"Hero, my name's Hero." I tell her and smile.

"Well Hero, I promise you Mercy will be fine."

Before I can say anything else we hear the doctor begin to speak.

"Okay Mercy great job your 8 centimeters dilated, it shouldn't be too long now! Jo if you need me call me please." The doctor happily tells Mercy and excuses herself. I feel the need to take a shot, vomit, and lie down all at once.

If Mercy doesn't kill Felix I will.

"No no no no no no this can't be happening" Mercy says much to Josephine's surprise.

"Mercy I know this is all happening so fast but I promise I will be here the whole time and we'll get you through this okay? Daddy will be right by your side and we're going to meet your baby!" I feel a pang at Josephine saying the word daddy in regard to me but quickly remind myself to keep it the fuck together.

"You don't understand Jo my husband isn't here! He can't miss our child's birth! Please I can't do this without him."

Josephine looks between my sister and I in confusion. "Brother." I tell her before she can get any other ideas.

"Ahhh well, I promise you we will get you through this no matter what. Has anyone been in contact with your husband?"

We go through the story and Jo nods understandingly before turning to me with a smile.

"No wonder you were so freaked out when we checked her," she laughs at my near traumatizing experience.

I offer her a smile and don't miss that her eyes quickly flit down to my lips before her attention is drawn back to Mercy. Hmm interesting. I take this opportunity to check her out approvingly.

She's small, swimming in her scrubs and I can just make out the outline of her curves. As my mind begins to wander down a more inappropriate path I'm brought back by Mercy screaming my name.

"Hero stop checking out the nurse and see where Felix is or I swear to God I will tell her the story of how you shit yourself in 9th grade after eating 4 burritos after soccer practice." Fucking Mercy.

"Thanks for that Merc" I grumble as I pull out my phone and call Felix for what feels like the hundredth time today. This time however I am greeted with an answer.

"Hero dude fuck I swear to God I'm on my way" Felix pants out.

Thank fuck.

"Dude where are you and why haven't you answered any of our calls?" I say as I breath a sigh of relief.

"I've been trying to figure out a way to get back dude! It was gonna take way too long to drive so I bought a fucking plane ticket to get there! Tell Mercy I just landed, I'll call the airline to get my bags sent to the house and I'll be there in 15 minutes once I get a cab." And with that he hangs up.

"He'll be here in 15 minutes."

"Oh thank God. I'm going to kill him but thank God." Mercy breaths as Josephine stands up from crouching next to Mercy, adjusting the monitor so we can hear the baby's heartbeat.

"Okay you guys if you need anything please don't hesitate to let me know, the call bell is right here and I'll be just outside." Josephine excuses herself with a small smile and closes the door on her way out.

"Thank you Hero, for everything. I don't know what I would've done if I was by myself."

"Don't mention it Merc, although I could've done without the mention of my episode in ninth grade." I say but I squeeze her hand and hold it through the next few contractions.