"No, thank you. I think I should be heading out now. I promised her that I'd be there in half an hour. I will grab something to eat when I get there," I replied and stood up.

I walked towards him to give him a kiss on the cheeks as a goodbye. "I'll see you later this afternoon. I will make your favorite dish for dinner," I said as I broke away from our hug.

"Okay. Good luck at work and take care. Tell your friend hi for me," he said as he let me go.

I gave him one last kiss on the cheeks before turning around and getting out of the apartment. I felt happy to see my father up and moving around normally. The doctors might have finally given me the result I wanted to see for him. It made me hopeful that something tragic could get better with time and care.

On the bus ride to work, I got a text from Sydney asking me about my whereabouts. After assuring her that I was on my way, another message popped on my screen.

'Good morning. Did you have a good sleep?' William texted.

I mentally squealed reading the message. What was wrong with me? I was not a teenager experiencing first love, but it had been long since I've been in a relationship.

I quickly clicked reply and typed in my message. 'I had a good sleep, thank you very much. How about you?'

'I didn't get much sleep, though. I was busy thinking about you,' he replied a few seconds later.

I hurriedly typed in a reply, knowing that he had little time to keep this short messaging chat with me. 'You need to sleep, too. What are you doing right now?'

'I couldn't really help myself. I'm sitting down in the boardroom right now, trying to listen to them discuss stuff while I pretend to understand an important message.'

I gasped at his reply. Although I feel flattered with what he was doing, I couldn't allow him to slack off because of me. 'Stop texting me right now. Didn't I made it clear last night to not text me during work?!'

'Are you working right now?' he replied a few moments later, giving me enough time to glance up at the street view and assess how many minutes I have left before I reach my destination.

'As a matter of fact, I'm heading to work now. Sydney asked me for some help, so we need to stop texting for now. Text me back when the meeting is done.'

'Why didn't you tell me you have work today? I should have brought you home earlier. How are you feeling?' I smiled at the worry evident in his message.

'I'm fine. Don't worry too much. I didn't know I'm working today. She called me about it this morning.'

'Don't overdo it, okay? I need to stop this now. One of the members of the board glared at me. Good thing my sister is not here.'

I chuckled at his message. I locked my phone screen and placed it back in my purse, trying hard to keep myself from replying back. If I did, it would take another few minutes before we could fully end our conversation. A minute later, I reached my stop which gave me more reason to not text him a reply.

On the way to the company building, I stopped by the coffee shop to get myself a coffee and sandwich for breakfast. When I had my food, I sprinted as I made my way to work. By the time I reached the elevator, It was already forty-five minutes after Sydney called me. As I reached my floor, I quickly made my way to my cubicle and found my friend flustered as she eyed her computer screen.

"I'm here," I said in greeting as I placed my coffee and sandwich on my desk. I grabbed the other cup on my coffee holder and handed it to her. "Here, drink this before you pass out," I added when she finally tore her eyes away from the screen.