lemon boy

yuuta sat at the window, watching inumaki who was watering the plants outside. 

"oh? you're watching toge?" panda said behind him, causing the boy to flinch.

"ah! not like that!" yuuta said, an embarrassed blush covering his face. "i just-he's-" he sighed. "inumaki-kun is hard to understand, and i just wished it could be easier."

panda sighed. "everyone does. there will be days where just no one can understand what he means and he gets all quiet." he explained, causing yuuta's heart to ache at the thought. "he gets over it fast, but we wish he never felt misunderstood in the first place."

yuuta only continued to watch inumaki in silence.

panda turned to the window to watch the cursed speech user with him. "toge's had his 'cursed words' since he was born, you see." he explained. "so it seems he had his hardships in the past. like cursing people when he didn't mean to. it's actually similar to your circumstances, yuuta. so it seems he was concerned with you since you transferred."

this made yuuta lift his head in surprise. 

"he's easy to misunderstand, but he's a nice guy." panda continued. "hope you can get along with him."

yuuta's eyes sparkled. "yeah." he whispered. "me too."

+

"no, i saw your face, you were scared shitless!"

"shut up, maki!!"

"cod roe."

all the firsts years were on their way to train in the courtyard after their break. they had started a movie marathon and ended with a horror movie, in which panda very much could not handle. 

inumaki had to offer his hand for panda to hold multiple times, every time ending with panda swatting it away and having yuuta and maki giggling. 

he wished they could have more of those moments and less of having to save japan 24/7. it was nice to have moments sitting down and just being able to relax with one another. he was able to get closer to yuuta this way, and he enjoyed it (he hoped yuuta felt the same). it almost seemed like yuuta was always scared of him, but more recently they've been more comfortable around each other. 

he hoped they could get a stronger bond soon.

"all i'm saying is toge offered to hold your paw numerous time, there would've been no shame." maki continued to taunt the cursed corpse. 

"yeah, i'm pretty sure he held out his hand for you at least twenty times." yuuta giggled. 

toge only nodded.

"for the last time, i am not scared! i am panda!" panda replied in frustration, causing the others to snicker. 

all so suddenly, yuuta turned around, as if someone whispered into his ear. the puffs of steamy breath became shaky and lighter in the crisp air.

panda noticed it first. "what is it, yuuta?" he asked. inumaki and maki turned around after hearing the concern. 

"ummm..." he said, hesitantly. "i just had a bad feeling." he let out warily.

"it's your imagination."

"just your imagination."

"okaka!"

of course, no one believed him, all continuing on. 

"eh, come on, guys..." yuuta said, chasing after the group.

"i mean yuuta's curse power perception is monkey-level." panda cut him off.

"of course he'd be dull with something like rika at his side at all times." maki added.