this december

"alright...let's begin." 

maki crouched into a fighting stance, staff at her side. 

"hey, heey, everyone." gojo approached his students. "how are you feeling?"

"ah, um-"

before yuuta could reply, maki's staff smacked him in the face, knocking him to the ground. "don't look away, moron." she ordered.

"yes."

"stand up already."

"yes."

inumaki and panda watched them on the grass, sitting comfortably as they waited for their turns.

"you were gonna hit me once, right?" maki asked the amateur. 

yuuta stood up, positioning himself, training staff in hand. "...yes!" he said firmly. 

toge and panda watched them fly around each other, staffs clashing, hits being dodged, and knocks being blocked. the same old routine as always. 

at one point yuuta dodged her attack, breaking her form. but just when he thought he had the upper hand, she came from below him. 

"no way!" okkotsu exclaimed.

maki swiftly sweep kicked him to the ground. "wah!" yuuta yelped as he hit the ground. 

"ok, you died." maki declared, hitting the boy on the head with her staff. "gah!" he verbalized. "my win again." she smiled at him. 

"was that last part necessary?" yuuta groaned. 

"don't be a baby." maki walked off. "fight like it's a real battle. whether or not you feel pain will affect your growth speed." 

yuuta hopped back up, already into position. "once more, please!" he asked. 

"it's been three months since yuuta came to this school." panda observed, watching the other two fight. "he has become able to move a lot."

"shake." inumaki nodded in agreement. he himself has grown very fond of the boy in these past months. 

"he has become a more positive guy." panda said. 

"sujiko." inumaki added. 

"yeah, maki seems to be having fun, too." panda agreed. "there weren't many chances for her to spar with another weapon user..." with that sentence he made a great revelation. "yuuta!" he shouted. "come here!" 

yuuta stopped what he was doing, making his way to the other two. "what is it, panda-kun?" he asked. 

"i have a serious question! listen carefully!" the corpse pulled him closer. "so: boobs, big or small?" he asked.

inumaki and yuuta looked at him in utter confusion. 

"i haven't really thought about it..." yuuta said, a little embarrassed.

"fun, fun."

"i guess i like them more normal sized..."

"ho-hoooo...makii!!" panda called.

the weapon user turned to him. 

"you have a chanceee..." panda swooned.

"what kinda misunderstanding is that?! i'll kill you!!!" 

inumaki stood up so he was next to yuuta, brushing off his shirt as the two of them watched panda and maki bicker.

yuuta laughed lightly. "what are they even talking about?"

"konbu." inumaki shrugged in reply.

yuuta didn't say anything back, almost as if he didn't know what to say.