"Yeah, I uh, actually eat a lot more fruits and vegetables than meat, Mista." The tan boy admitted.

"Then you might actually be pretty tasty!" 'Mista', the man in the hat appealed.

The boy whimpered.

"Narancia, don't egg him on!" The boy in the green suit scolded him, pointing at Mista.

Narancia howled out something in defense, but it only seemed to provoke the other more. They bickered and yelled over topics that I wasn't fully aware of. The men at the table had long forgotten about me.

I reach into my bag, pulling out my homework of the day. Math.

I sigh, reaching in once more to sift for my calculator. Math as a subject isn't unbearable, but Algebra makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a protractor. If math is supposed to be real and rational, the purpose of imaginary and irrational numbers is null.

Regardless, if I don't write my answers neatly onto this paper and hand it in my professor will have my head.

I look at the header of the paper: exponential functions.

I'll simply pray for my answers to be right.

The smell of buttered bread and smoked meats waft through the air as I sit at the table trying to concentrate on my calculations. I tap my pencil on my chin, internally groaning as I plug in numbers and variables.

"Why are there letters?" A voice queried from behind my shoulder.

I yelp, standing straight and knocking my chair over. The table teetered, tipping to the left, my drink spilling on the carpet and my homework... as well as the waiter who in turn fell, my food crashing to the ground.

"What the hell!?" I swore, bringing my hand up to assault the intruder of my thoughts. I reacted on pure instinct, unknowing of who my attacker was.

As my elbow rose, a hand shot up, trapping my wrist.

I scoff trailing the hand to a person. It was the boy with the messy black hair, Narancia.

"Let go of me!" I demand, struggling to leave his grasp.

"Stop struggling first!" He yelled back, twisting my arm.

I kicked my foot into the back of his knee, sending him sprawling to the floor. Unfortunately, his grip only tightened, bringing me down to the ground with him. He rolled and trapped me under him.

"Stop squirming!" he snaps, holding my wrist with one arm and holding himself above me with the other.

"Get off me you loudmouth!" I seethe, kicking my legs up to try and knee him in the crotch. His friends are yelling, but I can't make out what as the blood rushes in my ears.

It's to no avail, so I bring up my unrestrained hand, prying at his fingers. I get an elbow in at his ribs, but he's unfazed.

"Let go of me! Get off or I'll break your ribs!" I warn, ready to activate my stand.

He swears at me, bringing his knee between my legs to stop me from thrashing.

"Narancia!" a voice boomed.

A hand gripped the back strap of the boy's top, wrenching him off me. I look up at my new ally.

It's a man wearing a spotted white suit. He's scowling down at Narancia, his shoulder-length bob falling down into his eyes.

Without a second's notice, Narancia is sitting on the floor like a puppy who's just been scolded.

The man offers his hand to me and I take it, pulling myself up.