Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {34}

Start from the beginning

Amy comes back with the first aid kit and a dustpan and a small brush. She starts cleaning the floor as I opened the first aid kit.

"You okay?" asks Landon.

"I'm fine." I replied and gave him a small smile.

"Here, lemme help you." he says, taking out the anti-infection spray bottle thingy.

"Thanks." I said as he checks out my foot.

"Sorry for this mess. I should've called." says Zane as he rubs the back of his neck with his hand.

"Ya think?" says Landon.

After he treats my foot with medicine and stuff, he wraps a bandage over it and pats it.

"Ow!" I said, wincing at the pain.

"Oops." he said, smirking.

"You so did that on purpose." I said.

"So, is she your fiancee?" asks Zane, looking straight at Amy who walks over to the garbage can, throwing out the glass.

"No." replies Landon and points at me, "She is."

"Nice choice. She's hot." says Zane.

"I didn't make the choice. Mom and dad are arranging a marriage for us." says Landon. "Really? That sucks." replies Zane.

"We really need to talk, dude." says Landon, standing up.

"Fine..." groans Zane and they both went into the living room as Amy and I followed them...well, I hopped.

"Why the hell are you here?" asks Landon as they sat down.

"No reason. Just wanna say hi." says Zane.

"You're lying. Tell me the truth." demands Landon.

"Fine. The cops...they're after me." he replies.

"What?! Why?!" shouts Landon.

"Because...I made a huge mistake and I need a place to hide." says Zane.

"We can't do that. If the police finds out that you're hiding here, we're all gonna get in trouble." says Landon.

"Dude, please. I'm begging you." he says.

"But the police are going----"

"Dude! I'm desperate!" he shouts.

Landon thinks for a minute and finally responds, "Fine. But you have to hide from mom and dad."

"Thanks bro!" shouts Zane, happily.

"You're not welcome, bro." replies Landon, glumly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was one hectic night last night.

I woke up by the smell of pancakes. I rose from my bed and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and found Landon, making breakfast. The chefs were enjoying cups of coffee at the side table.

"Hey you're up. I didn't have to scream into your ear." says Landon, spotting me.

"Yeah. I hate that." I said.

Landon was wearing a tshirt, boxer shorts and an apron that says "Kiss the chef".

Hahahaha. Not gonna happen.

"Nice apron." I said, trying to hold in laughter.

"I found it in the pantry." he says, smiling. I walked over to him and looked at the food he was making. Blueberry pancakes. The counter next to him was plates of muffins, waffles, sausages and donuts.

"Did you make all of these?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah...except for the donuts. I bought them at Dunkin' Donuts." he replies.

"I never knew you cooked." I said.

"I do. I used to take private cooking classes." he says.

"P-private cooking c-classes?" I said, trying to hold in more laughter.

"What's wrong with that?" he asks, blushing.

"N-nothing! Hahahaha!" I said, bursting out laughing.

"Hey!" he shouts as he turns off the heat and places the blueberry pancake onto a plate.

I stopped laughing and sat at the dining table. Landon and a waiter/butler comes in with the plates of breakfast. They placed them on the table and Landon sits next to me.

"What?" I asked.

"What?" he repeats.

"You're sitting next to me. That's creepy." I said.

"I'm sitting next to you so I can gross you out." he says.

"Landon!" I groaned.

He chuckles and looks at me. I turned to him and asked, "What now?"

"Nothing." he replies and stares into my eyes. He leans in and presses his lips against mine. I slowly kissed back and pulled away.

"Woah! Landon!"

Landon and I quickly turned to the dining room entrance and saw Amy and Zane, staring at us.

"Uh-I! Well! We can explain!" shouts Landon as we both stood up.

"Landon, how could you!" says Amy, wrapping her arms around Landon's.

"Damn, you two really are together." says Zane with a smirk played on his lips.

"We're not. Well besides the marriage stuff but still, we're not." says Landon.

"Landon's right. We're not together." I said as Amy glares at me.

"Really?" asks Zane and smirks at me, "'Cause maybe we can have a chance?"

"I have a date tonight." I said.

"Oh, with who?" he asks.

"This waiter guy she met at an Italian resteraunt." answers Landon.

"That's cool." says Zane. He then picks up a blueberry muffin and takes a bite out of it, "This is good. Stop n Shop?"

"Nope, I made it." says Landon.

"Nice cooking. I always thought you failed at it." says Zane.

"So, when's your mom coming home?" I asked Landon.

"At 5. Our chaufeur's gonna pick her up at the airport." he replies.

"You should make a 'Welcome home' cake." jokes Zane.

"Dude, shut up." says Landon, punching Zane's shoulder.

"We better get to school." I said, looking at the clock.

"Right." says Landon as Amy and I followed him to the front door.

"Well, we're gonna go to school. You better not go outside or else someone will call the police." says Landon.

"I got it, dude." replies Zane.

"Bye, Zane." says Amy, cheerfully.

"See ya later." he says as we all head out and towards Landon's car.

"Something's telling me not to trust him." says Landon as we got in.

"I'm sure we can." I said, putting on my seat belt.

"He's a criminal. We can't." he replies.

"But he's your brother." says Amy.

"Brother. Criminal. Sounds the same thing to me." he says as we drove off to school.