Chapter 9- Classes Begin

Beginne am Anfang

"It was awesome. All we did was talk about summer. Did you know that Clarisse went to the Caribbean? And she found no monsters there at all!" He sat down next to Nico. "I mean, isn't that a little weird?"

"I don't know." I replied hesitantly. "I guess that's weird, but I'm just going to enjoy the peace while we have it." I ate another blue cookie as Will went into think mode. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Annabeth give her backpack to Piper quietly. In seconds Piper came to our table with a loud "Hey guys! How's it going?" I saw her put Annabeth's backpack down under the table stealthily. My back tensed up as I knew that Annabeth was going to try to make me choke up my sandwich amd cookies. Once I knew that she was close enough, and about to be disappointed, I said, "Annabeth, you know that you're bad at sneaking up on me. Everyone is."

She slowly sat down next to me with a pouty face on. The sight made me smile a little.

"I'm sorry, Wise Girl." I said while chuckling at her unchanged expression. "But you're just not that good at being inconspicuous."

Annabeth got a weird smile on her face as she put her arm around my shoulders. "Oh really?" She asked. I didn't know what game she was playing, but it made me nervous. Her hand was now at my other shoulder. "If I'm so bad at being inconspicuous, then how can I do this?" Her hand instantly hardened and she dug her fingers into my shoulder. That one part between the top of your shoulder and your collarbone. I shrunk down under her touch as my face scrunched up in pain.

"Now who's good at stealth?" She asked evilly.

"Okay okay it's you!! Let me go!!" I basically yelled. She let go of me with a victorious smile on her face.

"Hey Percy, I didn't know you went here." Keven said as he patted my back roughly. "Wait let me guess, junior?"

I got up and we hugged... But one of those manly hugs... Bro hugs... "Close." I said, "Sophomore. What about you?" I asked.

"Senior. One more year then I'm a counselor!" He replied with enthusiasm.

"That's cool, man! And hey good luck for football tryouts. I'll see you later!" I turned back around just as Keven shouted "NO WAIT PERCY!! DON'T!!!" I saw Alabaster frozen with my last blue cookie in the air in front of him. Quickly he grabbed it and took a bite.

"Alabaster, give me back my cookie." I said slowly and calmly.

"Uh, I don't think so." Keven interrupted.

"Wait, who the hell are you?" Leo said while standing and pointing at Keven with his spoon.

"Keven Holt, Son of Nemesis." He said to everyone else. "And that was for beating me at archery last week."

"And Alabaster? What did I do to you so must steal my last blue cookie?!" I asked confused.

"Who else has power of levitation?" Keven said as if everyone already knew that.

"Sorry dude, but Kev promised me a cookie." Alabaster apologized. "Tell your mom these are awesome!! Later." And with those words he disappeared with a snap of his fingers.

I looked back at the table to see everyone in deep conversation. I decided to jump in on Jason and Leo's talk.

"-yeah I know it is weird." Jason said.

"Wait what's weird?" I asked.

Leo and Jason exchanged looks. After a few seconds of deafening silence from them, Leo broke the ice.

"Last week, a couple guys went out of bounds to train." Leo started. "If you get permission, and if you have enough training, they let you go for a couple of hours to fight off some monsters."