By the time she sat down again and shot me a tiny grin, everyone's jaws were on the floor, including my own.

"I don't think I have ever heard Lana say more than three sentences in a row," Lily whispered, staring at Lana with eyes blown wide open.

"Forget three sentences. I haven't heard her say more than three words," Sonya added, astonishment displayed across her face.

After that, we all continued the meeting with smiles on our faces while Kevin remained annoyed. I didn't think about that though. All I had was Lana, her surprising words, and that little grin she shot me, glued to my mind during the whole meeting and the rest of the school day.

~

After the last period, English lit, came to an end and the students rushed out of the classroom, Lana stayed remained in her seat. As I put on my jacket and pulled my backpack over my shoulder, I made my way over to her.

Legs crossed, her gaze was dropped down on the Nintendo switch in her lap, hidden behind her desk. Despite being completely immersed in the game she was playing, her gaze jerked up when I approached her desk. She briefly pushed her bangs aside and blinked up at me.

I smiled. "Hey. What are you playing?"

Lana brought her Nintendo up to her desk and I spotted Shy guy speeding past all the other racers. I grinned. "Wow. You've pretty much claimed the first place, haven't you?"

Lana smiled, briefly. My grin widened. She was so cute. Nowadays, I was always so excited to be around her. Others probably didn't see it, but Lana was so fun and cool to hang out with.

"Thanks for saying all those nice things about me during the student council meeting today. You're a good friend," I said, genuinely meaning it.

To my confusion, Lana seemed slightly shocked. "So we're still friends?"

I blinked. "Yeah, of course. You didn't think I'll stop being friends with you just because of what others were saying, were you?"

In response, Lana remained silent and still before dropping her gaze to her lap. She wasn't particularly short but she seemed so small sitting in that chair in an oversized grey hoodie and baggy light blue jeans.

I chuckled before a smile crept up on my lips while I ruffled her hair. Lana's face jerked up, her black doe eyes suddenly surprised as they met mine.

"Don't worry, Lee. We're still friends. I wouldn't give it up for anything."

Just before I saw her cheeks turn light pink, she quickly changed the subject. "Did you do your math homework for tomorrow?"

My smile faded and I groaned. "No. I've been putting it off since last week. I tried yesterday but I didn't understand anything. I'm going to try again when I get home today. Maybe I'll text Ali or Lily-"

"-I can help you."

Taken aback, I blinked. "Wait, what? Really? But the school building is closing now because of some renovations being done. We won't be able to study in the school building."

"We can do it at my place," she said, putting her things in her backpack.

Astonished, I smiled. "Really? Okay. Sounds good. Thanks, Lee."