32

About half an hour later, it was time to go to Keiji's. 

"Y/n, I'm gonna miss him," Akira said as we both put our shoes on. 

"Me too, Akira," I smiled. Yeah, I was gonna miss him like crazy. 

I stood up and reached for the doorknob with Akira right behind me. I took a deep breath and turned the knob, pushing the door open. 

We both walked outside and started slowly making our way over to his house. I didn't want to get this over with, but I couldn't do anything now. 

He was gonna come back, I knew it. There was nothing that would make him stay there, and I could always move in with him.

He always says that he loves me and that he would never leave me, but for some reason, I'm doubting that now. 

What if he finds someone better? What if he really doesn't come back? What if he forgets?

What if he forgets about me?

Four whole years he will be gone, why would he remember?

I shook my head, trying to get these thoughts out of my mind. He wasn't going to leave me. He loved me. I know that. 

Right then, I felt a small tug on my jacket. I looked down at Akira, who was looking up at me with her puppy eyes. She looked like she was about to cry, and it made me want to cry as well. 

She reached for my pocket and pulled my arm out. Her small hand wrapped around my pointer finger, holding it tightly as we walked.

I could feel the stress and sadness in her grip, and it made my heart sink. I didn't want myself to be sad, let alone Akira. 

As we approached Keiji's house, I noticed that the trunk of his car was wide open. I guess he was packing all of his stuff up. 

Just then, a tall boy with dark hair appeared from the garage of the townhouse. He was holding a small suitcase which he placed in the trunk.

He looked as adorable as always, but he didn't seem to notice Akira or me. 

"Akaashi!" Akira shouted. He looked up and smiled at the two of us. 

"When are you leaving?" she asked.

"Hmm, sometime in the next ten minutes," he sighed. My mind froze. This was real, after all. Keiji was leaving in ten minutes. And it was all over. 

"So I guess this is goodbye," I smiled at him. He walked towards the end of the driveway.

"Well when you put it like that," he closed his eyes slowly. I was holding back tears and I knew that Akira was as well. 

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He flinched at the sudden action but slowly melted into my arms, wrapping his arms around my waist in return. 

"I'll miss you," my voice was muffled by his shoulder. 

"I know, I'll miss you more," he responded. 

"Please take care of yourself," I smiled at him, pulling away from the long hug. 

"You too, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone," he chuckled. He placed his arms on my shoulders. 

"Oh, get a room!" Akira shouted, tunneling her way under us. 

Both of us laughed as she approached Keiji, wrapping her arms around his waist. Her head barely reached his stomach, which I found adorable. 

He hugged her in return, patting her slowly on the head. I stood and watched as the two of them said their goodbyes. 

I really didn't want him to leave, but once again, there was nothing I could do. 

I knew that he didn't want to leave either, but his parents insisted on it. Either way, he was going to a good school which would help him get a good job. 

Speaking of his parents, where even were they?  I had never met them before, but Keiji talked a bit about them. They were the one's motivating him to go to college in the US, but they didn't even bother to take him to the airport.

Right away, I had this burning hatred for them. I thought my mother didn't come to many events, but I hadn't even met Keiji's parents in the two years that I had been dating him. 

"Alright, thank you for stopping by, but I think it's time for me to go," Keiji calmly said as he walked towards the car. 

He was acting sadder than usual, but then again, if I were him, I would not be able to remain so calm. 

"Bye-bye!" Akira said, waving happily. Keiji sat down in the driver's seat of the car and closed the door, keeping the window open. We stepped back from the driveway, but I had a sudden urge to walk back up to the car. 

Just as my mind gave me ideas, I walked over to the car window where Keiji was sitting. I leaned down and grabbed the collar of his shirt, making him flinch once again.

He turned and looked up at me. I pulled his collar until his face was only inches away from mine. Our lips met in a soft, calming kiss that lasted much longer than I intended. 

His lips felt soft and passionate, and his cheeks turned a light shade of red. I had kissed him multiple times, but every time I did, it felt like I had never kissed him before.

My face was burning as we pulled out of the kiss. It felt magical and passionate. Tears were building up in my eyes. 

He smiled at me and closed his eyes. 

"Sayonara?" he chuckled. I nodded and walked away from the car next to Akira. 

He waved and smiled as his car pulled out of the driveway and onto the road. He drove slowly, but every second felt like it was passing by faster and faster. 

The car drove down the road, and out of our sight. That was it. 

"Sayonara," I muttered.