Syd's mouth twisted with some hesitation before she spoke. "Well, it's different now. Now, it's about survival and preservation. Santi and Dmitry won't stop and we can't let them win. That's not even an option... Sometimes, people just need to die."

"Took you long enough to understand... It's always been about survival and preservation, even if it doesn't seem like it. We're the best people to be in our positions. When folks like Santi or Dmitry are in charge, shit gets dark real quick. Look at Santi's region. He might think he has his shit together, but that 'people fear me' shit gets old and hurts a lot of folks and then they get pissed and then they revolt."

"Mhmmm," Syd hummed thoughtfully. "And now that the people we had down there came through with the Dmitry thing, I think we can trust them enough to take more actions against Santi. I'll ask tio Ramon to set up a direct line of contact between us and them."

"Okay," nodded an impressed Sean. His sister was doing great with every other part of their business other than the violence that came with it. But to his surprise, the determination in her face and her tone when she spoke showed him that she was ready to do what needed to be done - by any means necessary. He knew the moment was imminent, but he didn't expect it to happen until he would have to take a step back from business once Lali had the baby. "...And where's Lali? Did they put her in another part of the hospital?"

"Sean," Syd sighed.

"If you're about to fucking lectur-"

"Shut up and let me finish," she snapped. "What happened with Lali? I wasn't cool with y'all's shit, but I assumed you were just fucking. But now, it's clear that's not the case."

"You know... when you took Hector back, I thought you were dumb as shit," Sean chuckled and when he saw Syd's glare, he raised his hand to signal that he had more to say. "But then Lali and I... I don't even remember when it happened, but something shifted between us and I finally understood why people who are in love do dumb shit."

"Sean..." Syd groaned.

"It's too late, sis. I love that woman. I know you're not okay with it and I know she's married, but I love her and she's having my baby and even with all the other shit, I'm happy. I mean, life was good before, but now? I'm on cloud nine and shit."

"How did it start?"

"After Vegas, we were just texting casually, but I'd flirt here and there until she finally agreed to go out to dinner with me. She told me Chris was never home, always working late and shit, so it was easy to have her out all night. I wowed her with an expensive dinner and a helicopter ride-"

Syd huffed. "A fuckin' helicopter?"

"Yeah. Helicopter is always my go-to," he chimed. "Anyway, she loved it and she came home with me... At first she was feeling guilty, but that didn't last long, especially since I was giving her way more attention than Chris. Not my fault he didn't recognize that he had a good woman."

"Yeah, you must be in love, because you sound dumb as fuck. A 'good woman' cheats on her husband? You want to be with someone you got with through cheating? And if she loved you back, why hasn't she left Chris yet? Especially now that she's pregnant."

"You keep talking about her like she's not your best-"

"Don't finish that sentence." Syd raised her finger. "Considering she pulled this shit, it's clear that she's not and I'm over it... Or at least I will get over it."

"Now that I've answered your questions, are you gonna answer mine?"

"Lali is missing..."

"What?!" Sean exclaimed, trying to lift himself, but faltering to the pain.