02

02 - For one to love

↿↿

Braylon Mckenna

CHEER TRYOUTS ARE starting in 10 minutes. I already got my bag from my car and I am starting to walk to the girls locker room to change.

The cheerleading and Football uniforms are matching colours. The colours are Dark green and white. The school colours basically. The cheerleading pom poms are also white and green.

I open my locker in the girls locker room and stick my bag in there. This locker is frequently bigger and has a lot of space. I take out my cheerleading outfit and start changing in front of the bench.

I finish changing then tie my hair up into a high ponytail. I take a dark green ribbon and attach it to my ponytail rubber band. Most of the girls do this hairstyles, while others to a high bun. Coach says you have to tie up your hair and can't leave it open for necessary reasons.

I wipe off my makeup and re do it, considering there was a little mess with it. I do a very natural look because it's just tryouts for the newer students. Some people like the captain and important members like the members that have been on the cheer team ever since freshman year.

Once I'm done getting ready, I put all my gatherings away and walk out of the girls locker room to the field to meet everyone.

I take a breath of the fresh air as I walk down the field to where tryouts are being held. I pass the football court and wave to the boys as I pass by. While I was walking to the other side of the field, I can feel Damiens eyes on me. I turn around and see him starting at my butt.

I roll my eyes and wave my hands back and forth to get his attention. It does and he looks up at me and smiles sheepishly, I smile back and wink.

As I start walking, I make sure to sway my ass back and forth a bit.

I make my way to Coach Monroe and she smiles and tells us to get ready. "Almost everyone is hear that filled out the list, we just need a couple more people then we can start" She explains and we all nod.

We all just sit and chat for a bit until the rest of the people come.

Alisa starts gossiping about the new football players and how hot they are. "I'm not lying, Kyle the new Junior that's trying out is as hot as fuck. I mean look at him. His perfect gelled orange hair, his hazel eyes and his sharp jawline. For a junior, he looks like a man." Alisa stares and points at him in awe. Maya just giggles, "You wish you have a chance with him". Alisa just sticks out her tongue at Maya.

I roll my eyes at there behaviour. There so childish, I mean can't they get a grip.

Some of the people that are trying out are slowly showing up. Once all of them we are about to start.

Coach Monroe clears her throat, and we all look at her. "Alright, welcome to the 2020-2021 cheerleading tryouts. I am the official Coach of the squad, you can all call me Coach Monroe. Tryouts are pretty simple if you have experience. I like to break out tryouts in different sections, questions about why you want to cheer and experience?, cheer and dance combos, and tumbling. Each section will have a guide or leader that will teach you.  So for questions, Alisa will do that, for combos, it will be Maya, and for tumbling, it will be Braylon. Since there are 16 of you trying out, 2 groups will have 5 people and 1 will have 6. Don't worry the groups will rotate meaning all of you will get to do all 3, since you have to. Good luck everyone and have fun!" Coach explains and smiles.

Once we are all in our groups, I have the group with 6 people. All of them are girls, in fact no boys showed up this year. Last year a 17 year old boy, who seemed bisexual tried out, but didn't make the cut sadly.

Most of the girls that showed up are either freshman's or sophomores. Only a couple are Juniors and Seniors.

I show them a couple of flips. Some like an aerial, handstands into a front roll, back handspring, a back walkover, round-offs, and flips.

They all are quite impressive, they know how to do the tumbles except this one girl who is a freshman named 'Diana', she kind messed up the landing for a back handspring and aerial.

The groups rotate and I get the group Maya had for dance combos. All these girls are good, but 2 of them, there flips aren't smooth.

We are finally done with tryouts after a hour and a half. The football tryouts should be done soon too.

Coach Monroe comes up to us and explains what's going to happen next. "Good job girls, you did amazing at leading tryouts and your stations. I'll make sure you get a participation mark for your semester report cards. For now you can go clean up and get back home since tryouts are over. Tomorrow I am planning on discussing who is committed and should be on the team. We can host a meeting during lunch if that's okay with you all?." The last sentence was required as a question so we all nodded. She dismisses us and we leave.

As we are walking past the football field, we see that the boys are at the bleachers. "I'm going to go say bye to Damien. I'll see you later on." I tell Maya and Alisa. They nod and keep walking.

I walk up to the bleacher and Damien notices me. He walks up to me and places a kiss on my cheek. I smile and kiss his cheek back.

I pull away and look up at him, "I was about to head home, just came to say bye" I tell. He nods, "I'll see you tomorrow" I smile.

I turn around and start walking away. I head over to my car, I open the passenger door and place my bags on the seat. I walk over to the drivers seat and start the car while putting my seat belt on. I drive off and head home.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
a u t h o r s n o t e

i hope u all liked this chapter.
i tried to put detail in the cheerleading stuff..
lmk if u want some for football

the next chapter is muah 💋

thoughts?
love you all
- Hannah