His Damn Ego

"Nothing is wrong. What makes you say that it is?" Valkyrie wasn't sure she wanted to hear the answer.

"Well your mind is somewhere else all day. You barely listened to China. You responded weird to me getting my body back. And you are not that talkative today. And now that I think about it - something has been off this whole month. Valkyrie you know you can tell me anything, right?!"

"Not this " she mumbled.

"Valkyrie, I understand that this month has been hard for you, given your sister and everything but we have overcome so many difficulties in these past years. Whatever you are hiding from me, I assure you it can't be that bad!"

"It can wait. Just catch me up on everything China said please. "

"Basically, there is no plan."

"So you just let me talk about China's plan, when there was none?!" Valkyrie frowned.

Skulduggery smirked "It is not my fault you weren't paying attention. I know that you trust me with listening to people's problems and solving them because I am brilliant, but you should too make some effort, now that you're officially back."

His damn ego!

"Oh let me apologise Mr. Pleasant" she stuck her tongue out to him and laughed.

***

"So do you have any idea where the sceptre is?"

"A few."

"Well enlighten me please."

"Not yet."

Valkyrie mimicked him, shaking her head and moving her lips "Not yet".
"Will you at least tell me where we are going?"

"To a bar."

"Why?"

"Well, to meet everyone, of course. Don't you think I should present myself to everyone? Being in my body I mean. It will be a celebration in my honour. My favourite kind!"

"Not everything is about you, you know?!"

"This is!" He chuckled as the Bentley slowed to a stop.