XXIX. Family Matters

A/N: Donghua Dijun's little princess is born.

I'm so happy that you guys enjoyed Baby Bet, as silly as it was. =) Just like that chapter, this one starts of light, although it takes on a serious note eventually. And oh, some sweet FJ-GG bonding in the end (where the little Donghua exhibits his budding skills in premonition, courtesy of his old man).

Disclaimer: Artwork of our silver-haired deity and his red, nine-tailed fox not mine (ctto).

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mortal realm!?"

"Shh!" Star Lord Siming widened his eyes in warning, gaze darting around their immediate surroundings.  He breathed a sigh of relief after seeing that there was no one else in the vicinity, except for him and his companion. "It's just a rumor that I heard, Lord Cheng'yu."

Cheng'yu lowered her voice, although her entire countenance was vibrating in protest. "I don't believe you. Out of the hundreds of viable places in the universe -- why would Fengjiu give birth in the mortal realm?"

"But it's not very unlikely at all. His Highness Gungun was born in the mortal realm, was he not?"

"That was different, there was a situation back then. There is no reason for Fengjiu to suffer through those difficulties now."

Siming shook his head in disagreement. "It's the way of the Bai clan to have their children descend to the mortal world as part of their education. The way I see it, Her Majesty's cultivation benefited greatly from her 200-year stint in the mortal realm."

The Jade Lotus goddess stared at Jiuchongtian's walking bagua for several long moments. Siming had always been a trustworthy source, but she doesn't think this latest information of him can be relied on. "I'm quite certain that Bai Zhi Dijun's rule does not include the Queen of Qingqiu giving birth to any of his great-great grandchildren in the mortal realm."

"But what if it's true? Certainly, we cannot let Dihou descend there without any assistance. At the very least, we must determine ahead of time where she is planning to build her nest."

"Siming." Arms akimbo, Cheng'yu waited until she had the Star Lord's full attention before continuing, "think. Do you honestly believe that Dijun will allow Fengjiu to descend to the mortal realm and give birth there? Huh?"

A smug smile danced its way across Siming's features. "Lord Cheng'yu, we are talking about the goddess who, with a single, offhand comment about wanting to eat a dish made of qilin plant*, got Dijun to travel to the Western Heavens to get a sapling, replant it, and will it to survival in the gardens of Taichen and Qingqiu. Do you think a person like that will have any of her wishes denied?"

Cheng'yu was silent for a long while. Then, without batting an eyelash, she snapped her fan on her palm and demanded, "So, what particular world in the mortal realm do you think Fengjiu will most likely descend to?"

**aftermath**

Aftermath (A series of ELOD one-shots)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें