Coming back to life

He felt like he was being woken up out of a deep slumber. He let a breath into his lungs and opened his eyes to the bright world outside. He was met with the sight of his new dream. Suddenly, he is being pulled forward and Rapunzel's soft lips meet his for the first time.

Returning home

Eugene and Rapunzel arrived back at the kingdom a short while after that, with the help of Max, that is. Once they arrived, they alerted the guards that the lost princess has finally returned. They were asked to wait on the balcony outside while the king and queen were notified. Within a few minutes, the doors opened, revealing Rapunzel's parents. No one had anything to say and no words were needed, they knew. The family was finally reunited.

After the hug broke, Eugene had something he needed to say to the queen.

"Your Majesty, may a speak with you for a moment," he said, bowing his head.

"Of course you may," she responded while placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know if you remember this, but about 16 years ago, you would come to the orphanage and read. Well there was this one little boy who-"

"Who kept requesting The Tales of Flynnigan Rider. And he asked one day if he could be my hero. What would that little boy say right now if he knew he would be my hero today?"

Surprised, he looked up, wide eyed, and said, "Do you really mean that?"

"Of course I do."