Part 9

Meredith's POV
What's happening?! Where am I? Why is it so cold and dark?! I tried to remember what had happened the night before. I tried to wobble to my feet only to discover the two ties around my wrist, each was wound tightly around a metal hook stuck in the ground. I slowly remembered what had happened the night before. The drinking, then the cab, and then my memory gets all fuzzy. The quiet around me is oddly comforting. That fades quickly though as I realize I'm hungry and have no clue where I'm at or how I ended up here.
"Hello?" I speak I'm not sure why I spoke it felt right at the time.
Then I hear loud stomping, coming from the stairs. Someone was loudly making there was down the steps.
"Could you be any louder? I have a headache over here!!" I speak again, and again I'm dumbfounded as to why I keep opening my big mouth. I need to just pretend I'm mute, take in my surroundings and figure out a way out.

"That's no way to talk to your captor and it's not my fault you bathed in tequila, no wonder you have a headache" The tall clear voice responds to my comment on the noise.

"Who are you and Why am I here?" There my big mouth goes again just talking and talking. There goes my plan to just pretend I'm mute and try and get out of here.

"You don't remember me but I remember you" The voice whom I haven't put a face to speaks again from the shadows of the dimly lit basement.

I look in the direction of the voice confused. My brain is processing those words and a million thoughts come flooding into my head. I was a doctor he could be anyone or anyone's family. I worked in the business of saving people, but you can't save everyone. This person could be anyone. An angry patient, an angry patients family member..
My thoughts are interrupted by the voice speaking again he lets out a daunting laugh. He probably picked up on my confusion.

"It's not exactly you who I remember, but your mother so close enough. The great Ellis Grey I remember the doctor saying at my mothers first hospital we tried to get treatment at. Apparently she was the best so we went to Boston, we got treatment and wanna guess what happened?"

He asks me a question I figured since he had paused he wanted an answer so I quickly reply "What happened sir?" Although in the back of my head I'm pretty sure I know.

"The great Ellis Grey killed her. Yup. Some bullshit oh she's only ever lost one patient during a procedure like this. Like that was supposed to make me feel better. Why would they say that? Couldn't she have killed someone else? It had to be my mother.. it's pathetic really" he spews barely stopping to catch a breath between sentences.

"I'm so sorry for you loss sir on my mothers behalf" I say quickly not knowing what to say to the man.

"Don't be sorry I've been plotting my revenge forever. To bad I waited to long and it seems as though your mother has fallen off the face of the planet I can't seem to find her anywhere. Do you know where she is? I was hoping that taking you would lure her so I could trade you, but I guess you will work for now" he says before walking into the light just long enough for me to identify him putting a name and face to the voice.

It was annoying that my mother had gotten me into this mess. I had remembered the failed surgery my mothers greatest disappointment besides me. The Dandridge family. My mother had talked about them sometimes and how the failed surgery would always reflect poorly on her. The surgery was simple after all so failing not was just a disgrace.
Finn had really taken me in hopes to get my mother some how. To bad she was in a home and even if he did take her it would have been no use she cannot possibly regret or had any sorrow for the family let alone a failed surgery she doesn't remember or has lately blocked from her memory.

Finn it was weird that having a name to the voice was comforting.

Until he came back down the stairs with a bat.

He hit me numerous times my whole body ached, but he hadn't hit me in the head. I wanted to get out of this situation. I wanted to disappear. I didn't know how to get him to stop. The tears and wailing only made him continue. So I chose a different approach I willed myself to become numb. I stopped moving hoping that he would think I either passed out or died. If he didn't stop soon maybe I would die. I was surprised this worked as soon as I stopped moving he stopped. Seemingly satisfied he threw the bat to the ground. The sound of the bat hitting the ground that my ear laid flush with caused my ears to ring it was painful and uncomfortable but I didn't dare to move. As I heard him walk back up the stairs I quickly picked my self off the floor and began working at my restraints. Trying to get them loose I had a weapon now this may be my only chance to get away.