"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson," Derek explained, and then his eyes shifted over towards Lynn for the next part. "And maybe how to save him."

      He knew how deeply passionate Lynn was, just like Scott, about protecting someone with every ounce of their blood until the very end. Until it was necessary.

      "Well, that's very helpful, except Jackson's dead," Isaac answered before Lynn had the chance to, and then her eyes fell down to the ground.

      "What?" Derek practically gasped, his eyes landing on Lynn as she gently avoided any gazes, and he could quite literally feel the hurt that echoed from her body.

      "Yeah, Jackson's dead," Scott confirmed, having emotion thick in his voice, and Lynn finally glanced up from letting the emotions cloud her vision. "It just happened on the field."

      Both Derek and Peter seemed to be completely baffled from the news, the gears in their heads grinding as Derek glanced over to his uncle, just as confused as the rest of the werewolves.

      "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac questioned, and Lynn glanced over her shoulder with a deadpan expression, reading "oh, I don't know, because a boy is dead now?"

      "Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen," Peter explained, and Lynn furrowed her eyebrows in thought.

      "So Gerard wanted it to happen," Lynn finished for the older man, and the corners of his lips perked up into a smirk.

      "Good to know one of you has a brain."

———

My Obi-Wan👻🥍

I'm ok, I promise. 9:53 pm

Send a picture right now if you're the real Obi-Wan. 9:54 pm

 9:54 pm

Creep. 9:59 pm

      "Oh, thank God, Stiles is okay," Lynn breathed out with utter relief, glancing up towards Scott, who also seemed to be tapping away on his phone, and she figured that Stiles had sent out texts to everyone.

      "I told you, I looked everywhere."

      Lynn switched from being distracted with the whole Stiles situation over towards Derek and Peter. Instead of being at the school like they were about an hour ago, they were at the destroyed and burnt Hale house. Shadows had crept in through the multiple cracks in the wood, and broken windows, and Lynn could hardly see in front of her without using her werewolf sight.

      "You didn't look here," Peter responded, and while Lynn was busy staring at the wooden beams above them the looked like they'd fall any second, she rammed straight into a strong and muscled back.

      Derek turned around with amusement written all over his face, and Lynn immediately backed up away from touching his skin. She was now delighted that it was practically pitch black in here due to the fact so much embarrassment was flooding her cheeks.

      He started paying his attention back to Peter as she shifted through a wooden board on top of a stair, he narrowed his eyes as the older man brought out an old object that was covered with dust and dirt. "What is that, a book?"

      "No, it's a laptop, what century are you living in?" Peter shook his head with distaste, and then Derek rolled his eyes knowing his uncle had a flare for dramatics. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records."

      Lynn followed Derek and Peter as they walked into what she assumed to be the living room at some point, where they placed the old laptop onto the same wooden board that Derek had placed all those book earlier today.

      But when Lynn turned around to check on her friends, they were no where to be seen.

      "What the hell?" Lynn commented, rushing from the room towards the stairs they were just at. She was relieved to see that both boys were perfectly okay, but then confused as to why they didn't follow them. "What's wrong?"

      "It's my mom, she said there's something up with Jackson's body," Scott explained as he tucked his phone into his back pocket.

      "Okay, then what're waiting for, let's go—"

      "—Lynn, you should stay here," interrupted Scott, and Lynn was slightly offended for a second, then furrowed her thick eyebrows, so Scott continued. "I'm not even one hundred percent sure that Derek and Peter are on our side, so you stay here and make sure nothing happens."

      "Why me then?" Lynn questioned, feeling as if it had been a moment since he had been in the middle of it all, especially alongside her friends.

      "You know Derek has a soft spot for you."

      Lynn scoffed loudly, switching from staring at Scott over to Isaac to see his opinion, and it didn't seem to shift either, if anything, the boy was purposely avoiding her glaring eyes.

      But deep down, Lynn knew that Scott was right. If it was the opposite, she knew she would use that to her advantage too.

      "Fine," Lynn caved, not that she was happy about staying back, but she reluctantly stepped out of the way of the front door with an annoyed glance.

      "I'll call if anything happens," Scott said through the now growing awkward silence, and Lynn gave him a half-hearted nod of the head.

      She didn't say anything else as the two boys shifted to get going, only folding her arms over her chest with distaste, and then shutting the wrecked wooden door behind the two werewolves as they left.

      "Assholes."