Failed plan (6)

"So let's go over the plan," Ray started.

"After lunch, once we get our free time I'll distract Mom. Norman, Emma, and Kat will climb the wall and inspect the vicinity. Don and Gilda, stay outside where you can see the south window of the second floor of the house. I'll signal just in case I fail to distract Mom. You'll then need to let Kat, Emma, and Norman know to cancel the inspection. I'm sure Mom is suspicious. I don't think she found out anything but I don't want to be too optimistic about it. Also, there's a possibility that she won't fall for my distraction,"

"If that happens, are we giving up on the inspection?" Don asked.

"Yeah. Depending on the situation, for the time being. Listen. It's over when Mom thinks of us as uncontrollable. Mom's objective is to ship us out when we're mature. Especially the four with perfect scores. She took care with our growth and would never want to ship us out prematurely. If she can control us, she would rather do that. And she knows she can. That's who caretaker Isabella is. Even if she suspects something or doubts us don't make a fuss. Just make her think we can still be controlled. Luckily, there's no regular shipment next month. We have six days until the plan but at the most, we have two and a half months until January, when I reach maturity and will be shipped out. So if something happens, we'll immediately cancel the inspection. Everything has to be done in secret. We need to pretend to be controllable. Got it?"

We all nod.

"Ray, can I talk to you?" Norman asks.

"Oh, I also need to tell you about something," I state.

I should probably tell them about the cliff. Although it might not be much help to their plan.

Emma, Norman, Ray, and I made our way to the bedroom.

"What!? Sister Krone found out we can break the tracking devices?" Ray whisper yells.

"There were benefits from the talk, but we also screwed up. So I want to move up the escape. When can you break the tracking devices?"

Ray then pulls out a box from under his bed and places it on the table.

"Mom gave this to me while you were visiting Sister Krone. For selling you guys out,"

"An instant camera,"

"I've been waiting for that. I have all the necessary pieces. I can break the tracking devices anytime now. Depending on if we can inspect the vicinity, let's move up the escape date,"

"About that, we can't get past the wall that easily," I say.

"What are you saying," Norman asks.

"Well, beyond the wall is a cliff,"

"W-"

"Before you say anything, it's still better to inspect. That's all I know,"

"This would've been useful information earlier," Ray said, annoyed.

"I know, I know. It's just I still don't think we can even escape. I get that we can nullify the trackers but there is no way we are getting over that cliff. Unless there is some way to cross, we can't do anything. I want to believe in you guys but I can't. I'm sorry. I think it would be better if we just stay here and live as long as we can,"

---

Emma, Ray, and I just made it to the gate.

"Emma, Kat,"

"Yeah," Emma responds.

Someone's coming.

Once the person got closer we could see it was Mom.