𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Leah. You are going to be trending. Romeos from all over the world are gonna be blowing up your DMs" Fatin told the girl crawling over to sit in the middle of Marty and Leah.

"Um, do you think Romeos will be in my DMs too?" Martha asked the girl shyly making Fatin's attention turn to her.

"Martha, angel, your DMs will be overflowing." Fatin put her arm around the girl making her giggle.

"All right, then" Martha smiled before grabbing the vodka bottle and raising it in the air shouting "we're going home, bitches!" Making everyone smile and cheer other than Shelby and at the words going home Addie's smile dimmed slightly which Toni noticed and nudged her gently.

"You ok?" The girl asked her quietly but only got a fake smile and a nod.

The girls all started to get up and celebrate. Toni dragged Addie up too before trying to cheer her up by dancing which received a small real smile as Shelby walked off.

———✰———

Shelby

"You've read the nurses report on her? Heard how all over the place she's been?" Young asked Faber as they sat down waiting for the next girl to come in.

"There have been some dissociative tendencies, yes." Faber nodded looking at the report once again.

"So how do you know what's best for drawing her out when we don't even know which her we're gonna get?" Young questioned but didn't get an answer from his partner before the girl entered the room.

And there she entered a smiling like always moving over toward the chair on her crutches sitting down in front of them was Shelby now with a buzz it instead of her long blonde hair.

"Hi, there" Shelby smiled at the pair.

"So according to the others, were the resident optimist," Faber told the smiling girl.

"Oh, that's sweet. Though, I'm sure that's not how they put it." Shelby carried on smiling.

"No, no, not exactly" Faber nodded before turning to his partner and asking "what was that one expression?"

"Shelby's a Pollyanna mall girl who probably shits confetti" Young answered and Shelby's smile never faltered.

"Fatin, bless her heart" Shelby smiled fondly,

"Yeah, but once you thought rescue was imminent that, Uh, enthusiasm flatlined." Faber stated, "do you care to explain why?"

"Adrenaline had been pumping for so long, you know as soon as I knew I could relax, I just sort of crashed," Shelby smiled before leaning forward as if she was sharing a secret "only so long before you run out of stamina"

———✰———

At some point Toni and Addie decided to get some alone time, well Toni decided because she wanted to know why Addie's smile dimmed at the words home, so they retreated to the rocks that were outside the cave Dot and Shelby had found two weeks ago.

"Ads" Toni spoke up breaking the pair out of the comfortable silence that had been sitting in "why have you been acting off, today?"