Chapter 9

~Thursday~

Someone knocked on my door, I got up to answer it with me half asleep, all I see were men dressed in black.

"Who're you?" I asked them.

Then I remembered.

"You. . . work for Hayden?"

"Wait, you're the guy from that night who was snooping around." One of the guys said, pointing at me.

"I wasn't snooping, it was an open parking lot, why couldn't you guys do that elsewhere? Now I met your boss again and he keeps hassling me."

Oh, which reminds me, I have to shut the door.

I slammed the door right at their faces, I heard one of them say, "He broke my nose! My god-damn nose!"

Oops, now they're really going to kill me, and I'm going to be late.

I got dressed and grabbed my backpack and keys, I got ready for it and ran out the door, passing the guys.

I ran as fast as I could, I didn't even look back.

They didn't chase after me, so they probably stopped, I made it to class on time, I'm so thankful they didn't stop me.

~After Class~

I drove back to my dorm. As I entered the lobby, I was called out, it was the guy at the front desk, he says, "Since you don't need the keys anymore, can I have them back, please?"

"What are you talking about, I'm living in th— No! No, no, no, no, no!" I ran all the way up to my dorm, everything was empty, nothing was left.

I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose.

I scrolled through the contacts, I found the number, and I called in, "Why did you do that?!"

"Why not? You don't have to carry anything, you should be glad."

"No! I'm not glad! Take my stuff back!"

"No can do, everything is placed at my house."

I calmed myself down and said, "Fine. Take it, take it all. I'm not going there tonight. I'm crashing at a friend's place tonight. Good. Bye." And I hung up immediately.

I head down to the lobby and gave the guy the keys to my dorm, then I went back up and found Jason's room.

I knocked on the door, Jason opens it and asks, "Ricky? What are you doing here?"

"I got robbed, I'm staying at your place tonight, at the least of it." I said dejectedly.

"O...kay? Did you really get robbed."

"Partly, yes. All my things that were in my room were stolen without my permission. Does that sound like robbing? Yes."

"Then you can stay for the night, just don't make a mess. Do you need to borrow my clothes too?"

"Yes. Please."

Jason let's me borrow his clothes, normally I wear underwear and a shirt as pajamas, nothing else, and that's what I wore.