✺ Interview: @_miss_idealist_

1. What is your user/pen name? What do you prefer to be called?

MISS IDEALIST

2. Would you mind sharing a little bit about yourself?

I am an ordinary girl who expresses herself through her words. I am basically a friendly person and always excited to learn new things. That curious kid who participates in every event!

3. What started you on the path to writing?

Well, I was in grade 5 when I wrote my first poem and I felt very happy when I finished writing it and moreover I have always been into stories, poems, and write-ups. So gradually I decided to write my own book.

4. Which author, on or off Wattpad, inspires you to write?

To be honest there is no particular author but I would like to mention an author called Sudha Murthy (Indian author) she always writes her books in simple language which makes them accessible to a wide range of audiences.

5. What helped you grow as an author?

Criticisms! Yes, you read it right. Constructive criticisms always helped me to grow. At first, I feel a bit low but gradually I try my best to rectify my mistakes.

6. Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre? If you write more than one, how do you balance them?

Poetry! It always fascinated me. I feel that poems best describes your emotions, feelings, and thoughts. They are short but effective and impactful. I feel so free to play with words in poetry.

7. What do you love most about writing?

I don't love anything in particular. I am just a simple writer who struggles to overcome backlog. Lol. I won't say that I love that but yes I always try my best to make the reader feel the emotion of the poem.

8. Have you ever struggled with writer's block? If yes, how did you overcome it?

Yes! Totally. And currently also struggling. I am still finding ways to overcome it. If you ever get one please let me know(hush! Our secret)

But recently I updated my book after a gap of 3 months I guess. I was only able to do so because one of the readers wrote me to update my book. She really enjoyed reading and insisted me to update. So I guess this small happiness may help to overcome writer's block.

9. Why do you write? What keeps you motivated to keep writing?

The appreciation from my readers. The amount of love and support they show encourages me to write. I would like to thank all of them!

10. What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

I guess I am not an eminent person to advise aspiring writers because I am also one of them. But I want to give this short piece of suggestion to all the writers and especially poets that don't put a lot of fancy words in a line. You can use ornamental words but not too much because it makes the reader a bit difficult to understand and may be due to that you may not approach a wide range of readers. I personally believe that keep your writing simple and impactful. Make simple words have a great impact on readers' minds.

 ❞