Shopping (Chapter 30)

"You ready?" Bucky yelled from down the hallway.
"Yea!! One sec!!" I yelled. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and ran out of my room to join Bucky.
"Hey Buck!"
"Hey doll, we ready?" He asked and put his arm out.
"Yea lets go" I said linking my arm through his and walking to the elevator talking about whatever came to mind.
It was always fun to hang out with Bucky, he's just a very pure hearted person. When he came to the tower he didn't really talk to anyone and just followed Steve all the time and I would visit the tower sometimes before I knew about my dad being well, my dad. But I would hang out with Bucky all the time when I did come over which was rare but it happened. Bucky also came over to Steves sometimes and we played board games and watched movies and he kind of adopted me as like his younger sister so it's always fun to have time to hang out with him these days.
We were walking to the mall and Bucky turned to me.
"So what's going on with you and the Peter kid?" He asked
"Oh nothing" I replied and my face turned a pale shade of pink.
"Oh come one, everyone knows there's something between you two" he said nudging me
"Whaaaat?" I laughed
"Come onnnnn just tell me"
"Fiiiiine, I mean...I guess we're dating? I don't know the best way to put it is I like him and he likes me and I don't know we kissed and" I was immediately cut off
"You what?? Like a real kiss?! Like not what I saw in the med bag?!" He looked shocked and I nervous scratched the back of my head
"Uh yea...."
"Whaaaat?! Wheeeen where?! This is awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!! At this rate you're going to be like me back in the day!!!"
"Haha well uh we snuck out and went to my dads lake house and we went swimming in the lake and he grabbed my waist and uh yea..." I trailed off
"Wait did you two like..." he looked worried suddenly
"What?! No!" I said while laughing
"Ok ok good, you can go make out with guys and stuff but like I'll kill any dude who does it with you cause you're still like my little sister."
"Ok ok ok well you don't have to worry buck" I laughed, it was funny to see him immediately react the way he did.
"So tell me about the 40's" I turned to him
"Really?" He asked
"Yea go for it"
"Alright well back in the day I was quite the lady's man! I had a woman on both arms and I always took them on the best dates" he looked proud of his past
"Yea?" I replied
"Yea!!! I always took them dancing and to dinner and sometimes we'd go to Drive-In's. Steve put a downer on the dates sometimes but I was usually able to make them feel better by my dancing" Bucky said while laughing and smiling at the older days.
"Wow congrats buck" I smiled
"Yea, those really were the days"
"I bet"
And then we approached the mall and went in and we did some shopping. I got Steve a collection of old Yankees baseball cards (vintage), I got Nat a super cool leather jacket, I got Bruce a new telescope, I got Clint a guitar, I got Scott a puppy because he's been talking about getting one cause Cassie wanted one but I have to wait to get the puppy cause Christmas is still a week away or so. I got Thor a box of pop tarts because he loves his pop tarts, I got my dad a vintage signed AC/DC shirt that I found shoved behind some boxes in the antique store probably meaning someone was going to buy it but I don't care. I got Bucky a custom baseball varsity jacket that I had to special order when I got home. Then for Peter, I bought him a silver ring band that would match a simple silver bracelet I have so it wouldn't be obvious to everyone we were matching but we'd both know it.
I walked back to the mall cafeteria and saw Bucky sitting by himself eating a pizza slice with his baseball cap pulled trying to keep a low profile, I mean he is an avenger after all. I walked up to him and sat down and he jumped slightly and smiled.
"Hey Bucky boy how's it going?" I asked
"Good how about you?" He asked and motioned to allllll of his bags of gifts
"Really good!! I think I got everyone!!" I said
"Nice! You ready to head out then?" He asked
"Yea" I replied.

Then a loud bang sounded across the mall.
It sounded as if a gun was shot.
Someone must've noticed Bucky....