seventeen

❝wait for me, let's go together❞

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

pe class is done, it's their lunch break.

"i saw that" wooyoung whispered into her ear, then giggled quietly. "saw what?" they headed to the cafeteria with wooyoung and yeosang.

"you and jongho" gaeun blushed when she heard jongho. "ahh, it's because i tripped" she replied.

yeosang used his phone while walking to keep himself unbothered. "oohh, what's that" wooyoung took the phone from yeosang and saw an open tinder app.

"you're using tinder?"

"just-looking"

"he's using tinder?"

"not like that"

"then what's this?" wooyoung pointed at his phone with a lot of matches on tinder.

"that's a lot" gaeun saw a lot of girls having a match on him.

"i hope you can have a better one" gaeun sent him a nice smile.

"i hope i can" he mumbled at himself.

"perhaps did you move on?" wooyoung whispered to him, but he did not respond for a moment.

"i guess, yes?" he muttered

the three of them arrived in the cafeteria.

"hey, here!" yunho shouted, the other group saved some seats for them with hongjoong and seonghwa. wooyoung informed them they were going to sit with them.

the three of them lined up to get food for themselves.

gaeun was seated between yeosang and wooyooung. the group began to eat in silence, not even talking to one another, minding their own business.

"why are they quiet?" wooyoung asked gaeun in a low voice so that only his voice could be heard by her.

"then ask them" she continued to eat her food.

"why are we so damn silent?" their heads turning towards wooyoung.

"so we're going to speak while our mouth is full?" seonghwa spoke.

"that makes sense, but first you can eat and then swallow the food, so now you can talk" he gave him a teasing expression with a wide grin. everyone laughs about what wooyoung said.

"so when will you confess to her?" yunho takes a glimpse at gaeun.

so the rumors were true that jongho likes someone.

"shhh" jongho shushed yunho, while everyone takes a look at gaeun except chunghee who was peacefully eating. gaeun gave them a puzzled glance, thinking about why they were looking at her.

why do they look at me that way?

the silence transforms into a noisy one.

gaeun volunteered to return the notebooks to the teachers' office. the teacher put the notebooks on a box since there were many, it would be easy to carry for gaeun.

she began to walk to the teachers' office. gaeun didn't realize that there was park yuri, the school bully on the pathway she was walking.

she soon realizes it and tried to run slowly so that yuri will not catch on her and then fastens the pace. there were no students or teachers at that site since they had classes. unfortunately, yuri's friends were blocking her path.

dammit

"where are you going?" yuri asked gaeun while her friends grasped gaeun's hands that the box had dropped to the floor. thankfully, the notebooks were not thrown away.

"where do you think?" gaeun replied with confidence.

"ooh, you're talking back" yuri gasped, then she saw her wallet on gaeun's pocket, therefore she took it from her.

"hey, that's mine bitch" she tried to take her wallet from her hands but her friends stopped gaeun.

"what did you say?!" yuri yelled at her.

"are you deaf?"

"tsk" yuri clenched her teeth. gaeun took the chance to take her wallet away from yuri since her other friend was tired of grabbing her hand. yuri was about to slap her, but she was stopped from doing it by someone.

"jongho..?" yuri was stunned after seeing him and her friends fled quietly from the situation.

jongho yanked yuri's hand, grabbed gaeun's hand, then grabbed the box that was left at the corner.

they hurried away from the scene and yuri was left speechless about what had just happened previously.

jongho kept silent while walking to the teachers' office. they walked together, jongho held the wrist of gaeun instead of her hand.

after a moment, jongho stopped walking and then released her hand because they were in front of the teachers' office. he handed the box to her hesitantly.

"thanks" she gave him a soft smile.
jongho was about to leave, but gaeun caught and tugged the tip of his uniform a little.

"wait for me, let's go together"