Loyal Subjects

Marco slowly walked back to the dorm and to the comfort of his own bed. He walked with head down to hide the rivers coming from his eyes and the bright red color of his cheeks. He sobbed quietly so no one would hear. He stepped out of the building and leaned up against the wall. He leaned his head back and put his hands on his eyes. He slowly slid down the wall and burst out in tears. He curled up in a ball. Marco wanted to die.

He cried out louder and louder. Being eaten by a titan feels better than this pain. He stared up at the sky and prayed quietly.

"God, if you do exist, please keep Jean happy for me. I still love him, but I'd rather die than hurt like this."

His prayers were interrupted by a series of long, echoing thuds.
A titan.

~

Eren now had Jean pinned down on the floor. Only their jackets and boots had been removed. Eren hovered over Jean's body. Jean was a little more relaxed, yet still tense under Eren's warm touch. M-Marco... Jean attempted to sit up, but was denied by Eren's hand.

"Eren... I have to go.."

Eren just smiled. "Why so soon?"

Jean stuttered, "I-I just can't do this!"

Eren leaned in closer. "So you do want me, eh?" He grazed Jean's lips with his own.

The sound would haunt Jean forever. It sounded like thunderstorms trying to keep a beat. The steady pace of titan feet. Then, silence.

Suddenly, blood splattered on the window. Eren slowly got up to see. He fainted.

Jean rushed to the window and froze up. It can't be.

Marco was dead.

~~~