Chapter 6||

After potions ended y/n and Joseph walked out together and waited outside the class for Regulus.

"So y/n." He started, she turned her attention to him and gave a soft smile. "If you wasn't already-i mean you probably are-i was um, wondering if you'd like to go to hogsmeade with me? When it finally starts." He nervously chuckled.

"I would-"

"She would love too! But she can't, sorry." Regulus said behind her with a sarcastic smile.

"Whys that?" Joseph asked trying not to sound rude.

"She's going with me. Got a problem?" Regulus asked taking a step closer.

Joseph looked at y/n who gave him a sad look then back at Regulus who was staring him Down.

"No, no problem at all. I'll see you around y/n." He said with a charming smile and wink, he walked off as Regulus jaw clenched.

Once he was out of view and hearing range, y/n glared at Regulus.

"So, what class is next?" He asked about to walk away, she grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Your joking right? Why would you do that!" She said.

"Why did I do what? Save you from a sleazy Gryffindor? You can thank me later." He said folding his arms.

"Would it kill you to be a little nice to him?"

"Yes it would, I'm allergic to dimwits such as your little friend." He smirked.

"You do realise I'm allowed to go with other boys right?" She said with an eyebrow raised.

"Fine, go with him." She smirked as if he had an idea.

"Wait, why the sudden change of heart, Black?" She asked.

"Oh, well if your going on a date with the Gryffindor I'll just go with Diana, she seems more fun."He said.

"More fun? Please! Don't make me laugh, your not going with her, you'd be digging your own grave with her around, she's a dropkick." Y/n laughed.

"You do realise I'm allowed to go with other girls. Right?" He mocked her.

"You can be such a dimwit you know that?" She laughed.

"Yeah but you love it." He said before beginning to walk, a wash of emotions flooded her and her knees went a bit weak.

"You coming or what?" Regulus called out to her, she jogged to catch up to him and he was holding a book open with one hand reading it.

"Hm, looks like we have a free period, wanna a play a quick round of quidditch?" He asked.

"I can't, we might be able to have a quick match before dinner though?"

"Y/n You sure everything's alright? These last couple days you've been wandering off alot." Regulus asked as concern laced his voice.

"Reggie I'm fine, it's more so remus, he isn't doing too well right now."

"Right." He said softly.

"But you'll be okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna head to the library, also- if you um- if you come across Sirius, tell him I said hi." He said the last bit quietly.

"For sure I will, anything else?" She smiled brightly, she knew regulus missed his brother but up until now he barely ever tried talking to Sirius.

"Baby steps y/n." He chuckled, he gave her a quick hug and they said their goodbyes as they parted ways.

Y/n's pov