下尺工モれ刀

"Here you go,"
The polite waitress said as she gave me my cup of coffee and Matsuda his.

We were sitting at the far corner of the cafè where L, Light and Misa had come to on different occasions throughout the anime. It was the perfect place to talk because the tables were far apart, separated by indoor plants, so no one from the others tables could really see or hear us.

"Let me start from the beginning. As you already know my names Mirai, Mirai Rai."

I began, taking a deep breath.

"Call me crazy if you want, but I'm telling the truth. I'm not sure myself how it all happened, but I'm actually from another realm. I came here over a year ago.....you see, to you everything that is happening with the Kira-case is reality, right?"

Matsuda nodded.

"Well, before I came here, it wasn't....in fact, all this that is happening to you now, was just an anime, a TV show that I loved watching. The TV shows names was Deathnote and I had watched it many times. I knew it word for word....."

I let all that sink in.

"But then, one night, I was starting to re-watch the series. I was only a minute or so into it. Then it happened.....suddenly my posters flew off my walls and I felt like I was falling. I fell and fell, then...I ended up here....at first I freaked, I didn't know where I was, I didn't know what was happening, I didn't know anything. Eventually I realised that, somehow, I had entered the TV show itself. I was in the Deathnote realm. So, I decided to, while I was here, save all my favourite main characters who died in the show. I planned it all out, I stopped certain characters from even coming into the picture so they couldn't kill the main characters. Now I've saved basically all of them, but Ive still been hanging around, making sure that they don't die some other way...."

I could see the disbelief in Matsuda's eyes.

"Please, I'm not asking you to believe me. I just need you to trust me. I guess I can't prove to you that all this is real, but I can prove it to L."

I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Here,"

I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote a message to L, it read,

'Dear L.Lawliet,

All that Matsuda says is true. I know your true identity, is that prove enough for you? If not I know what you next move will be.

By now you suspect Light of being Kira, although you have no real prove. I guess one of the reasons you suspect him so much is because you have no other suspects. Your next move will be to put him in solitary confinement, you won't allow him to go anywhere you can't see him. Light will tell you to promise him that until you can say with absolute certainty he's not Kira, you cannot set him free, no matter what Light might say or do. After he tells you this you give Light your word that you will not.

Light's father asks to be taken off the investigation. He says that he doesn't want his personal feelings to get in the way of the investigation, Light is his son after all. He then also asks to be put in solitary confinement so you can monitor him as well. His reasons are that while he is calm at the moment, he isn't sure of how much more of this he can take, which is understandable.

Although you will make Lights Father's confinement different, he will still be able to talk yo family and friends and you will keep him up to date with the investigation. Of course you won't tell Light any of this.

Hopefully that was enough prove to prove that I'm from another realm, if not don't hesitate to ask for more.

Yours sincerely,
Mirai Rai'

I folded the piece of paper and handed it to Matsuda.

"Give this to L. Tell him not to let anyone read it and make sure he burns it after he has read it. If Kira were to get hold of this piece of paper we are all done for. Tell him everything I told you. And....no matter what, do NOT tell Light about any of this. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to know any of this. L must be the ONLY person to read it. Understood?"

Matsuda nodded uncertainly.

"I guess I'll see you around."
I said getting up.

And so I left Matsuda there, dumbfounded by what he had just been told.