Chapter 16: (F/n)

Start from the beginning

"Ready?" Levi muttered from behind you.

You tore your eyes away from the mirror and turned to face him. He was leaning against the doorframe in a casual manner, though you knew that he felt far from relaxed. Now that you were both well-rested, he had decided that it was time to talk to Erwin. Even if the Alpha wouldn't have expected Levi so soon, he couldn't stand to be here with the promise of their conversation hanging over his head. He would much rather just get it over with, painful though it would be.

"I'm ready," you replied, giving him a soft smile. Then you stepped forward and pulled him into a hug, which he accepted readily, showing how much he needed it. "I'll be right by your side. Always," you whispered.

Levi turned his head to bury his nose in your hair, taking a deep breath to steady himself. Then he nodded and pulled back, sliding his hand down your arm until his fingers tangled with yours. His eyes were calm and unwavering as the gazed back at you. He would get through this. He was strong enough. And he was made even stronger by your love.

------------------------------------------

With his superhuman sense of smell, Levi could tell that the Alpha wasn't at home. Instead, he was in the middle of town, overseeing repairs to the schoolhouse. Normally, such a task wouldn't be important enough for his busy schedule, but after the Rogue attack, it was imperative that he was visible to the pack, that they were reassured by his confident demeanor and encouraging words.

You walked hand-in-hand with Levi, hoping that the Alpha would at least have the decency to carry out this conversation in private. Levi being stripped of his authority was already awful enough. He didn't have to be publicly humiliated on top of that.

Speaking of public, it seemed that the entire pack had come out to help with the repairs, though not all of them were working. Some had brought food, while others were keeping the pups entertained. But regardless of how they were occupying themselves, every single one of their heads turned as you and Levi passed. You weren't sure if they had known about Levi's mating situation, but if they hadn't before, they definitely did now.

You tried to ignore the pack's staring as Levi led you straight to Erwin. The Alpha was conversing with three others – two of whom were strangers, but you recognized the final werewolf all too well.

"(F/n)!" Hanji exclaimed when she saw you approach, leaping at you with a bone-crushing hug. At least she was wearing clothes this time.

When she finally released you, another werewolf stepped up to say hello. "Good to see you," the female chimed.

At first, you didn't recognize her. But the more you looked, the more that something seemed familiar about her blonde hair and blue eyes. "Nanaba?" you guessed.

She nodded.

"Wait, you know each other?" Levi muttered, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"We met during the battle!" Hanji exclaimed. "Your lady really knows how to kick ass!"

"Yes, I do believe thanks are in order," a tall male with bright blue eyes stated, stepping forward to address you. He carried an air of authority that instantly identified him as the Alpha.

Erwin held out a hand, and you slowly took it, feeling a little shocked. You had expected the werewolves to give you a rather cold welcome, but they were actually being very kind.

"You showed great bravery and selflessness," Erwin continued. "On behalf of the entire pack, I would like to express our gratitude. Though I'm sure that many of the parents will want to express it themselves."

"Parents? Will someone tell me what's going on?" Levi grumbled, glancing from Erwin to you to Hanji.

"(F/n) helped us protect the pups during the battle!" Hanji chimed, clearly pleased at the opportunity to tell the story. "She saw a few Rogues sneaking into town, and she flew ahead to warn us! Then she used her super-awesome fire powers to roast those wolves like a charred steak dinner! It was totally wicked!"