Agents of Love - Jaisy Fanfic

"Jake, you ready for your mission?"

"Yes, Hailey, you have asked me this numerous times."

"I know I have, I'm just... worried for your safety. It's a dangerous one after all." 

"Hailey, I'm going to drop now."

"Okay... stay safe," her voice glitches out at the last moment. Right before I have to jump out of the airplane, 12000 feet off the ground. 

"Ready, Jake?" Luke smirks at me one last time from the cockpit. 

"Yes Captain, remember to feed my cat!" I give my usually salute and leap off the deck of the plane. 

The wind pushes against my face as a cat's claw would. Gosh should've named my cat Windi when I had the time, but instead, its name is still Jake Junior; a terrible name in my opinion. Milly just had to suggest the name in the ni-

"Jake, you better not be thinking of some strange cat memes," a harsh, but compassionate voice comes into my earpiece. How does Zander always know what I'm thinking about-

"Idiot, because you're right because of me," I glance to my right to see Zander flying down with furrowed up eyebrows and a scrawny face, "and you're talking out loud."

"I completely forgot about that-"

"How could you forget that a great agent, like me, is going on a mission with a simp, like you."

"When you phrase it that way, it's quite hard to forget-"

"Shush, we're getting quite close now. Open your parachute, we don't want to face a calamity when we're doing something so important," a flowy, purple parachute releases itself out of the case and his speed slows down. I follow along and surprisingly, my parachute is actually there! 

"I'm just as surprised as you are Jake, as in we didn't need to cancel the mission to take you to the hospital."

"Geez-"

"Hush! We're coming down now." 

Below, a tall, concrete giant stands in the center of the enemy's city. Elegantly, Zander flips in the air before turning into a front tuck and landing on the patio of the top floor. I, being the simp I am peacefully lands on two feet and takes a bow. 

"C'mon idiot, we don't have much time for this." Zander snaps soon after we head towards the stairs. 

"Don't you think this kind of entrance is too obvious?"

"We'll leave our parachute at the trash bins on the fourteenth floor, our target is on the thirteenth."

Staring at the middle of the spiral staircase, the steps twirling like it never comes to an end. 

"What's our mission?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you, after all, you didn't even get your license," his eyes blankly staring at the handrailing

"I was close okay! I got 58%!" I shot back, even knowing he was right.

"70% was the passing mark, you peachli-" he unexpectedly halted to a stop and alters the earpiece hanging from his left ear. "We're at floor 14 now, get rid of your jumpsuit and parachute."

"Man, I was just starting like this suit," I chatter as I unzip the black, polished suit.

Zander hurriedly carries out the parachute to a corner near the trash bins, "hurry up, do I have to tell you that every minute?"

I stiffly lean against a wall, pondering to myself about the mission, while Zander takes all of our belongings and tosses them into the large boxes. 

"Alright, you better be ready, our target is on the floor below."

We were replaced with our shadows as they creep down the barriers and sneak through the final door. There is target was, no, this can't be...

Moonlight glistens on the beauty sits on the limestone walls of a balcony. Her cornflower-blue dress lets her eyes gleam brighter than the moon. The flowy hem sways at her ankles as they elegantly stroll towards her. The upper bodice of the dress was completed with periwinkle blue voile. 

"D-Daisy?" the same tone I've used as a teenager, the same echo in my voice. 

"Jake, I'm glad you're finally here," she beams with soft, glowing energy.

"Why, why are you our target?" I can't help but bring myself to tears. Apparently, I still love her. 

"I'm not your target," she staggers closer to me, "you're mine."

Her lips taste of raspberry lemonade, while they rub against mine. The tears kept going even if I try to command them to stop.

Zander gives his usual smirk,

"Surprise Jake, you've got yourself a girlfriend."