//bittersweet reunion//

Start from the beginning

Vincent nodded In agreement. "She's dangerous."

There was a long pause of silence before Vincent spoke again.

"...does it really look like a football?"

-----

I was walking across one of the many bridges spanning the inside of the massive hallowed tree, when I caught sight of a familiar crowd of children entering the hideout below. I smiled to myself exhaling in relief. They're here at last!!

I grabbed hold of the railing of the bridge and looked down, able to discern Ray, Emma, and many other specifically from the crowd.

I grinned and ran to the rope I'd tied to the edge of the bridge yesterday, while wallowing about in my boredom. Because why be bored when you can nearly experience death on a daily basis, amiright??? I grabbed the thick gloves I'd used for the slide earlier and pulled them on.

"LOOKOUT BELOWW!!" I called over the railing of the bridge. Then, with a solid grip, and praying silently that death was off once again today, I climbed over the edge of the railing, grabbing hold of the rope.

I managed to avoid slipping off of the rope and falling to my death as I sped down the line. "HEYOO!" I called, sliding down quickly, the rope-nearly-as-big-as-my-....nevermindahaha the friction between my hands and the rope as I slid causing my gloves to smoke dangerously. Jesus, I was glad to have them in between the rope and my hands.

A few kids pointed up in surprise as I elegantly slid down the rope, manifesting my inner bad*ss, and they began backing away, clearing a small space for me to land.

Some members of the crowd below, including Zack and Sandy, let out a loud whoop as I landed, rather heavily, but somehow managed to keep my balance. I grinned brightly, wiping sweat off my brow. "How you doin'?" I asked with a sly smile, scanning the crowd quickly to see if Ray had seen me. 'Who's smooth now, hmm?'

Speak of the devil, Ray soon walked up, following behind Emma. "Oh, you're okay!" The ginger exclaimed excitedly, pulling me into a quick hug. I hugged her back before pulling away with a smile.

"Good to see you too!!" I said happily, barely containing my sudden excitement for her and Ray to meet Norman. 'C'mon, Y/N, delay, delay.... delay until Norman is ready!!' "URGGG!!" I yelled inside my head, my right eye twitching slightly at the effort it took to keep my explosion inside. "W-well!" I exclaimed, my voice quivering at the immense pressure I had to yell, 'MR. MINERVA IS HOT OMG SO LETS GO SEE HIM RIGHT NOW!!' and then drag them along with me.

Clapping my hands together, I continued. "To start with, this 'hideout' is the ruins of an ancient demon clan. Other demons don't know about the ruins, so they don't typically come near it." I grinned. "I'll show you around, then! While you slow-pokes were taking your sweet, savoury time getting here, I was exploring the shelter!"

"And tempting death, apparently." Ray muttered, staring up at the long rope I'd slid down.

I laughed and then led everyone around the shelter, introducing them to a few of the kids I knew. The same children who offered hot chocolate and snacks to me, offered them to this new, significantly larger, group of children, who took them gratefully.

All in all, they were all fascinated by the shelter, enjoying the views and feeling their morale raise upon seeing the other happy children. Even Yuugo and Lucas wore faces of child-like wonder and I smiled warmly at the sight. They made it here! Now... there's basically nothing stopping us from surviving! Just a little more, Y/N! You can get them all out!

Hayato suddenly came bumbling down the stairs and waved out to everyone. "Minerva wants to meet the leader!!" He called out. Everyone turned to me and I blanched. Oops. I guess this time... I'm the leader?