Chapter 2

We continued playing the three on three, with my team winning by a landslide. It felt good to play with my brothers after so long.

After the match, Kita told me that he could talk to the girls team's captain about letting me join, but I declined, saying that I would just manage the boys team.

We then cleaned the gym and I learned the names of the other players. After that, it was time to finally go home.

"EMICA, LET'S GO!" Osamu yelled. I grabbed my bad and walked to the gym entrance. We started walking, and I noticed that the middle blocker from earlier, whose name I learned to be Suna, was walking with us.

"Do you live near us?" I asked. He nodded without looking at me, not that I minded. I put my headphones in and listened to music. The two of us walked behind my idiot brothers as they once again fought for no reason at all.

After awhile, Suna turned to me and said, "If you're the twins' triplet, then where were you last year?"

"I studied in the United States for the last 3 years, and decided that I wanted to come home for the last 2 years of high school," I replied.

He nodded and looked forward again, and I kept listening to music. Once we got to our house, I saw that Suna walked into the house across from us.

Atsumu turned to me and said, "Oh yeah, Suna lives across from us."

"Cool," I said. We walked into the house, and Osamu shouted that they had a surprise for our parents. My parents walked over to where we were, and my brothers parted to reveal me.

"EMICA! YOU'RE BACK IN JAPAN!" mom shouted. I laughed and ran towards her, giving her a hug. After my mom, I turned to my dad and gave him a hug too.

"Good thing I made extra dinner today," mom said. I nodded while laughing.

"I booked a hotel to keep my bags at for now, so I can get them tomorrow," I informed my parents.

Me, Osamu, and Atsumu went upstairs to take a shower, and I just stole one of Osamu's shirts and wore it with my sweatpants. After that, we went downstairs and ate. I was really happy to see my family after so long.

•••

The next morning, Atsumu woke me up by barging into my room, and jumping onto my bed.

"It's time to get up!" Atsumu happily yelled. I checked the time and saw that it was 5:40 am. I turned my head to glare at Atsumu.

"School starts at 8:20 Atsumu. Why would I need to wake up almost 3 hours before school starts?"

"To go on a morning jog before practice?" he answered. I growled in response and kicked him off my bed.

Osamu walked into the room to see what all the noise was, and he saw Atsumu on the ground and me on the bed looking cranky. He then pieces together what had happened and hummed before turning around back to his and Atsumu's room.

I looked at Atsumu and said, "I'm not coming to morning practice today, idiot. I have jet lag, plus I need to go to my hotel room and get my bags and sign out of the room before school starts."

He frowned and walked out of my room, and I attempted to go back to sleep. After about 30 minutes of just twisting and turning, I decided to just get up.

I quickly ran my fingers through my hair and washed my face before asking my parents to drive me to my hotel. My dad agreed, and we drove over there.

I brought my bags to the car and signed out of the hotel. We then went home, and I took a quick shower and got dressed in my uniform.

It was cute, but I wished the skirt was longer, so I ended up wearing shorts underneath. I walked to school and made my way to the volleyball gym.

I saw the team practicing and leaned against the door, waiting for practice to end. Suna ended up being the first to see me and waved at me.

"Hello everyone!" I announced my presence. They all turned to me and I heard a chorus of "Hello Emica-san/chan." Kita announced that practice was done and they began to clean up the gym.

I picked up a few balls and helped Suna take down the net. We both walked into the storage room to put it away, and Suna talked to me.

"What class are you in?" he asked.

"I didn't take the entrance exam, so they put me in class 2-1," I explained.

"That's the same class as me," he told me. I hummed in response. After that, we walked back into the gym and saw that everyone was going into the locker rooms to change, and Suna followed.

I waited at the door with my bag, and saw that Atsumu, Osamu, and Suna were coming out of the locker room. They grabbed their bags and we started walking to class.

Once we reached class 2-1, Osamu, Suna, and I walked in. We had 20 more minutes till class started so I texted my friends from America.

Evie
8:05 am

Me
Hey Eve

Evie
Hey bitch

Me
How's school without me?

Evie
Are your brothers rlly more important than me, your best friend?
Who's homework am I supposed to copy off of now?
Better yet, you can't even tutor me in math anymore because of the fucking time difference, and I'm too traumatized to ask my dad for help.

Me
Slow down girly, this is what Khan Academy is for. The dude teaches us more than actual school.
As for me, there's this dude on my brothers' volleyball team, and he's ✨hawt✨, and he's a mb like me. Better yet, he's not a white dude!

Evie
Send me a pic of him

Me

EvieOh my-I'll take him if u don't want him 🥵🥵

Evie
Oh my-
I'll take him if u don't want him
🥵🥵

Me
Stfu, he's mine
Also, he's in my class too and lives across from me

Evie
GURL, GO GET HIM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Me
Yeah yeah, dw bout me, worry abt ur grades
Anyhow, I gtg, class is about to start
Bye!

Evie
Sayonara Emica!

———

I turned off my phone and saw that I still had 5 minutes. I decided to just lay my head on my desk and wait for class to start. I put my head down and saw Suna doing the same thing, but his head was turned towards me.

We had an intense staring contest till the teacher came and we stopped.

A/n: All I have to say is that chatfics take a while to type. I hope y'all liked this chapter, please vote and comment so that I know if you do! Anyways, author-chan out!