Chapter 1

The afternoon sun shone brightly over Coruscant's skyline, peacefully dancing over the bustling streets and speeder routes. However, peace did not reside within the senate's halls. The Galactic Republic Senate had stood mostly unhindered for a millennium yet now it was in turmoil. For 6 months the galaxy had been plagued by war between Republic clone soldiers and Separatist droids. Many within the senate were still adjusting to the current crisis unsure of who to trust and to betray. Today the current discussion was focused on the perilous material situation as the Republics reserves could not keep up with the mass militarisation.

The Senator of Naboo sat quietly watching the argument play out between her peers. Padme Amidala neither held interest nor enthusiasm with this topic and was unwilling to contribute due to her recovery from a recent illness. Her attire was simple, today, and she simply sat glancing around at the rising argument and those who were contributing. Her attention was quickly drawn to the seat of Admiral Sokar of the Republic High Command. Whilst they did not represent any planet or system they had been gifted a temporary seat within the senate by the Chancellor to ensure any new legislations would not affect military operations, much to Padme's disgust. There was some movement as a particularly young captain whispered into the ear of the Admiral. Padme was worried. Whenever the High Command spoke out against a system or idea many pro-military senators flocked to their aid. For now, they had remained quiet on the topic but Padme feared that was about to rapidly change.

"I wish to raise an option to our dwindling supplies, dear Chancellor?" The smooth-talking Admiral announced garnering much attention from the crowd.

"Admiral Sokar is permitted to speak." The Vice Chair announced after a brief nod from Palpatine. Many who had once raised their concerns sat and listened out of fear or curiosity.

"Dear Senate I believe our best solution to this critical situation is to draw the required material from the United Planetary Alliance!" The eyes and conversation within the room drifted to Representative Amy Hetep.

Representative Hetep was a dark-skinned lady. She held herself high and proud in a similar fashion to the ever-rising number of Republic officers that had begun to appear on Coruscant. Her greying hair and soft brown eyes gave off an impression of motherly instinct within the woman, however few dared to make mention of this thought as she'd been known to cut some of the best-known speakers within the senate to nothing but a humiliated mess with her words. Unlike Padme, she'd experienced the entirety of Chancellor Palpatine's term, as she took office during the Naboo crisis. Whilst few could consider themselves close friends of the woman, her thoughts were well known; to the distaste of many politicians; as she publicly explained her views on many matters causing her to be a power block on many difficult topics. She could be a senator's worse nightmare.

The UPA as it was referred to throughout the galaxy was a relatively young system. It had only joined the Republic senate a scarce two decades ago on its own terms. Few knew of how strong it was as trade was limited with the group of planets, almost always transferring through what was collectively known as Pandora's pass a system not too far from Coruscant. Whilst they had elected to remain out of the war entirely, to the frustration of much of the Republic both civilian and military, their wishes had yet to be challenged in such a direct fashion, until now.

"The Alliance has made no effort to provide substantial aid to this war even though they hold a seat on this senate, instead cut much trade with us at the outbreak of this war and deny us the material that we critically need to protect our great democracy. I therefore ask that if the UPA does not provide the requested material it be removed from this senate!" Padme looked at the bold Admiral like he'd grown another head and what was worse many senators voiced agreement. She was about to protest until Hetep stood up and faced down her opponent.