Chapter: T W E N T Y

“What I’m mad about is the fact that you’re talkin’ about doin’ shit right with her when you can’t even do it with me,” –Tavi  

*Two months later*

            “You look so cute,” I squealed at Addison as I combed through her bone straight hair. It was a big decision to make, but after her begging me weeks for me to straighten her hair I finally did it. The fact that tomorrow is the first day of school for her made the decision a lot easier.

            “I love it so much,” She cheesed swinging her inches over her shoulders. Although her curly hair stopped a little at the middle of her back, with it straightened it stops just above the small of her back.

            I grabbed the scissors from out of the top drawer of the counter in the bathroom, making her double look at me, “C’mon time to cut some of it,”

            “No!” She yelled, “I don’t wanna cut it,”

            “Yes,” I insisted, “It’s too long. You look too grown,” I was good at cutting hair and I know I’d make her look a lot more presentable and her age.

            She clasped her hands together and gave me a puppy dog face, “Please mommy! I don’t want you to cut it,”

            I sighed and looked at her pouting face before me, “Okay… but just let me cut the ends, they look a mess,”

            She turned back around towards the mirror as she sat on the counter and I trimmed her ends. She admired herself in the mirror in complete amazement. We spent the entire day out, getting her ready for tomorrow. This was her second week going school shopping, she got her nails painted, and surprisingly she went through with getting her eyebrows threaded, which was a big step.

            When I was all done I placed the scissors down on the counter and looked at the finished product. It didn’t look any different, but the ends looked a lot neater. I played around with her hair trying to decide what I’ll do with it. Now that it’s straightened I can do some much more different hairstyles. This was the exact moment I was waiting for when Addison was younger, I’m gonna cherish these moments for as long as I got them.

            “Okay, c’mon so you can eat dinner and get ready for tomorrow,” I picked her up and placed her on the bathroom tile floor, “You wanna meet Sandra’s new son?”

            She nodded her head, “Yes! I hope he’s nice,”

            I smiled, “I’m sure he is,” Sandra recently adopted a little boy who is the same age as Addison and will be attending the same school as her, along with Rico.

            Now that Sandra found a new venture in her life, she’s been so happy and I couldn’t be happier. She adopted him last month and spent the entire time with him, just so they could get to know each other. Now, Addison and I will be the first to meet him and I’m so excited.