Chapter: E L E V E N

“I just can’t wait until Addison seems him,”—Tavi

            I looked around the room full of people that I haven’t seen in five years. Everyone looked different, acted different, and was even living different lives. I never thought I’d live to see the day Chris has a family and a wife to hold him down. From the looks of it he has lucked up with Rasia as far as her sticking by his side no matter what. Not only that but giving him kids that he’s always wanted.

            I was envious of the way Chris was living but I know he’s only living through me. I own everything he’s had in his possession for five years and now it’s time to let everyone know that I’m back and that nothing will change. Chris will still be my right hand man, and everything will continue to move smoothly.

            I looked over at the other side of the room to see my older sister laughing and enjoying herself with her new man. Tavi wasn’t lying when she said she was pregnant because the way she’s acting you’d think that she already had her baby. To my surprise she was still working as a detective and she found herself someone to love. I’m happy for her and know for sure that if she had the chance she would’ve visited me. Knowing the status of her job and the fact that she’s under a big investigation the last thing she’d do is jeopardize her job for me once again, and I’d never let her do that. She deserves to be happy but her new nigga got it coming when I get a chance to sit down with him. The last thing I want is for her to start fucking with a nigga that aint good for her and I can detect niggas like that from afar.

            Seeing Calvin and Kim still going strong is shocking but predictable. Those two where made for each other and as I can see they welcomed twin girls into the world two or so years back judging from how old the little girls look playing with Rico and Kim’s first son Royal.

            Rico himself looks like a spitting image of Chris, but Elijah –their newest son- looks identical to Rasia as he sat in her lap. This is the type of progress I like to see out of the people around me. Everyone’s happy and now it’s time to gain at least some of my happiness back.

            “So Shayne what was the first thing you ate when you got out?” Loren asked me while sipping on her wine glass.

            “Man,” I chuckled rubbing my stomach for dramatic effect, “Trina had all the food waitin’ on me,” Not only did she have food waiting, but she had my old car, clothes and her place for me to kick it for the day. She was really looking out for a nigga but I still need to find out just what she wants from me.

            Everyone laughed including Trina who sat beside me on the couch in Chris’s living room. The man has really came up in his game as far as the house goes. He moved him and his family to a bigger and better place and I was really feeling it. From being locked up in a cell my next place most definitely has to be something spacious in big for the hell of it.

            “Well I hope you’re still hungry because I have a lot of food cooking,” Rasia stood up and dismissed herself from the living room probably to check on the food.