𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"You lost the fucking lighter?" Rachel asked sounding as if she could strangle the Texan "How are we supposed to keep the fire going?"

"Yeah, keep the signal fire going." Dot nodded speaking over Rachel. "Boil water, if we find any. I know have bad this is for us, and I'm sorry, but if you're tempted to make me feel like shit, don't bother. I'm doing a pretty good job of it on my own."

"Look, we just gotta keep a close on it then, all right?" Rachel attempted to make the girl feel better "keep it burning, keep feeding it."

"Hey, this shit would make some great fucking tinder for us," Rachel told Leah holding up her precious book.

"Give it back" Leah ordered as the two started fighting with the other girls telling the two to stop.

"Hey! Hey!" Toni's voice pulled the girls out of there fight as she ran towards them in distress.

"This is Fatin's right?" Toni gave a bloody bit of material to Nora as she kneeled out of breath and the girls all looked at the material in worried silence.

———✰———

"It's weird, right? Like, why would her shirt be all ragged and bloody?" Toni asked as she lead the others to where she found Fatin's bloody material.

"Well, maybe because Leah went apeshit on her, too, yesterday." Rachel pointed out snidely.

"Okay there was not that much blood, and I didn't tear her ducking pants." Leah defended herself.

"Yeah, that's what got me worried." Toni pointed out.

"You think something attacked her?" Shelby asked softly.

"Don't, Shelb. Don't let her work you up." Martha told the blonde looking at Toni with an annoyed look on her face. "This is probably just a distraction to make us forget all the shit you pulled on us."

"Yeah, nah. This isn't about me." Toni told the girl as she stopped and pointed at the place in front of her telling the girls "this is where I found it, lying here."

"Alright, look, if she or they'd been mauled by an animal, there wouldn't just be a single scrap, okay? There'd be like a fucking crime scene." Dot told the girls to try and calm their nerves about Fatin or Addie being mauled to death.

"Still... I don't see Fatin voluntarily ripping her Givenchy." Shelby pointed out making a good point.

"Maybe Addie did" Rachel suggested as they looked at where Toni had found the bloody material.

"But why would she do that. And why would Fatin even let her?" Shelby asked making another good point.

"So what did we do?" Toni asked as the girls all stood worrying about Addie and Fatin.

"We have to go find them," Leah told the others when Toni was met with silence "I mean Fatin probably just wandered off to troll us or masturbate with her stupid electric toothbrush, but we all know she can't survive the wilderness by herself. She can't even survive a Holiday Inn."

"Okay, well if our theory on Fatin is she wandered off. What's our theory on Addie?" Shelby asked when Leah didn't have a theory to calm the girls down about Addie.

There was a long silence. There would be no reason after yesterday that Addie would just leave. She didn't argue with anyone, she didn't lose her shit. She had been her normal self all day.

"I'm gonna stay back, keep eyes on the fire." Dot informed the girls.

"No way. You're coming with us, Dot. You're better at tracking than anybody, and plus, you, like... you know your way around a snake" Shelby told her fellow Texan knowing that there was no way they could find either of the girls without her.