Frayed

Olivia's POV

We were on our way to a cross-country meet. There was a storm happening and it feels like I've already been on this bus forever. I was sitting in the back of the bus with Stiles and Scott. Stiles was trying to get Scott to talk about what had happened, but he was trying to avoid it. And while he was trying to avoid thinking about that I was trying to avoid thinking about Stiles. He's been different towards me lately and he won't tell me why. Anytime I ask him what's wrong he says "nothing." And I know that he's been trying to avoid me when possible. Anytime I try to have a conversion his responses are short. I just can't figure out what I did wrong. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Stiles snapping his fingers at Scott. They were studying for the PSAT's
Stiles: "Anachronism."
Scott: "Something that exists out of its normal time."
Stiles: "Nice. Okay. Next word "Incongruous."
Scott: "Um, can you it in a sentence?"
Stiles: "Yes. Yes. I can. It is completely incongruous that was sitting on a bus right now. On our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous."
Scott: "Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."
Stiles: "Perfect. Okay, next word Darach. Darach, it's a noun." This causes Scott to look at him. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're going to be stuck in this thing for like 5 hours. So why not?" Scott doesn't reply. Stiles rolls his eyes and clears his throat.
Stiles: "Next word "Intransigent."
Scott: " Stubborn, obstinate." We go over a big bump and the bus rattles, causing Scott to wince.
Olivia: "You alright, Scott?"
Stiles: "Yeah, buddy. You okay?" Scott lets out heavy breaths. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."
Scott: "We had to. There is safety in numbers."
Stiles: "Yeah, well there is also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's-." Scott winces again. "Alright, that's it. I'm telling coach."
Scott: "No. No. No. I'm alright."
Stiles: "Well, you dont look, alright."
Olivia: "Yeah. You really don't look so good, Scott."
Stiles: "Would you just let me see it?" he tries to lift Scott's shirt but he stops him.
Scott: "I'm okay."
Stiles: "Just let me see it."
Scott: "Okay." He gives in and lifts his shirt to show two large slashes across his torso.
Olivia: "Jesus, Scott."
Stiles: "Oh, dude.."
Scott: "I know it's bad. It's because they're from an alpha. It'll take longer to heal."
Stiles: "How come Issac, Boyd, and Olivia are fine then?" Scott rests his head against the window looking outside.
Scott: "I can't believe he's dead. Derek is dead."

Flashback

The alpha pack was staying in the same building as the Argents. Derek had a plan to attack them. We were all fighting in an abandoned mall. Things weren't going well for us.

Coach: "Jared, again, car sick? Every time. How do you even get on the bus?" Jared mumbles. "Look at me. No, don't look at me look at the horizon. Keep your eyes on the horizon." Jared just nods and tries to focus on not vomiting. Coach looks over at us. Scott it's leaning his head against the window. "McCall, not you too."
Scott: "No, coach, I'm good." He squints his eyes from the pain.
Stiles: "Scott, your bleeding again. And don't tell me that it's just taking longer to heal, okay?Because I'm pretty sure that still bleeding means not healing. Like at all."
Scott: "He's listening." He gestures to Ethan sitting a few rows in front of us.
Stiles: "Is he gonna do something?"
Olivia: "I wouldn't think so, at this moment."
Scott: "Yeah, not in front of this many people."
Stiles: "Okay, well what about the two ticking time bombs sitting right near him." He points to Boyd and Issac.
Scott: "No, they won't. Not here."
Stiles: "Okay, well what if they do are you gonna stop them?"
Scott: "If I have to."
Olivia: "No, you need to focus on healing. I can deal with them if I need to. Maybe I can reason with Issac." I hear Stiles groan quietly at the mention of Issac. I give him a confused glance, but he quickly looks away.

Flashback

I arrived at Derek's loft to go over the plan.
Derek: "They're one floor above them in the penthouse. Right above Allison."
Scott: "So kill them first. That's the plan?"
Boyd: "They won't even see it coming."
Scott: "Why is the default plan always murder? Just once can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?"
Olivia: "Scott, what if there is no other choice? If they get the chance they would kill anyone of us."
Peter: "You never get tired of being so blandly moral. Do you? Not that I disagree with him."
Cora: "I do. Why do we need them?"
Derek: "They helped save your life. And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move."
Scott: "You can't beat a pack of alphas."
Cora: "That's why we're going after Deucalion. Just him."
Boyd: "You cut off the head of the snake and the body dies."
Peter: "Only this isn't a snake. It's a hydra. And like Scott says they're all alphas."
Derek: "Deucalion is still the leader."
Peter: "Let's hope so. Because you know what happened when Hercules cut of the heads of the hydra?"
Scott: "Two more grew back in its place."
Peter: "Somebody's been doing their summer reading."