She bent down, running her hands trough my fur when I laid back down. "Can you shift back? I just wanna sit here with you."

I nodded my head I shifted and grabbed the shorts I had nearby when I saw Layla blush profusely and look away from my nakedness.

I sat down next to her and just held her hand. The smallest things help sometimes, it's a fact. When our fingers laced together she smiled a little.

"What's up?" I asked softly.

She sighed, "Nothing. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Everything I guess. Marcus, Ben, us, the pack. You know some of them hate me."

I drowned, "What makes you say that? They all love you."

She shook her head, "Not everyone. Some girls came up to me today telling me to cut the caring act. That they don't care that I'm their Luna. Told me I'd never be a good Luna and I should stop trying. It just had me thinking about it and then that led to thinking about everything and now I keep over thinking and just-"

I cute her off with a kiss, knowing she was working herself up. Our lips molded together and she relaxed into it. Pulling away I said, "Stop over thinking things. Who told you that?"

I was trying to stay calm, knowing she was upset. During her explanation she started choking up and her eyes glossed over with unshed tears.

"I don't know, honestly. It was three of them." She sniffled. "What if they're right? What if I can't be a good Luna for you? What then?"

I just held her hand tighter, reassuring her. "You are already an amazing Luna.
You're so caring for the pack and everyone in it. When I told you the pack would protect you no matter what and you said they shouldn't because you don't want them hurt, that shows you already care deeply for them."

"But what if-"

"Stop saying what if. You are an amazing Luna and an amazing mate and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to stand by my side for the rest of my life. I love you, okay? You can accomplish anything and you will be an amazing person all around for as long as you live and help run this pack."

She still looked doubtful.

"Come with me?" I stood and reach out for her.

She placed her hand in mine and I hoisted her up. She giggled when I picked her up and carried her.

"I can walk you know." She giggled.

"I know, but I want to hold you." I smiled.

When we got inside, I put her down and led her to my office.

"What are you looking for?" She asked as I searched through my drawers.

"This." I stated as I pulled out a picture from years ago. My dad was still Alpha and my mom was Luna. It was at a pack barbecue and there were a lot of my parents' friends laughing around them.

"This is a picture of my mom and dad a bunch of years back. The pack had a party and my mom was laughing and enjoying being Luna."

Layla looked confused so I continued. "I remember earlier that day, when my mom didn't want to go because she thought she would just bring down the mood. I was young but I understood what was going on. I've been around my dad and her while they were doing pack duties long enough. She didn't know if she could be the Luna this pack needed. She came from a low rank family and felt that she couldn't take on a roll as important as Luna. My dad told her she'd be fine. She was the best Luna this pack ever asked for. I wish she was here to help you through your doubts too. You would've loved her."

"She you're showing me this because she was going through the same thing as me?" She asked.

I nodded. "She was crying that morning, telling my dad that she was a bad Luna and all that. He helped her through it and told her all these encouraging things and that night, the whole pack told her how much they loved her. They knew how upset she was the week leading up to that party. They knew she didn't think she could do it. She was told that she was one of the best Luna's ever. She started crying she was so moved."

"What I'm trying to say is that through tough times, she overcame her doubt and rose up to be a fantastic Luna. And you will too. I don't care what Kacy says, you are an amazing person and Luna."

"Kacy?"

"The girl who told you those things earlier. I know it was her. She's had a thing for me, as gross as it is." She laughed at that.

"Well thanks for this, baby. I needed it." She hugged me.

"Never thank me for things like this. It's my job in life as your partner, to help you overcome doubts and push you to be the best you can be. I love you."

"I love you too," She mumbled. "Can I see it again?"

I held up the picture for her.

"Who is this?" She asked, pointing to my dads old best friend.

"He was my dads good friend. Met in college and was a part of our pack. Moved all over after college and when he came back here after like ten years he backs part of the pack. When he was here I bonded with him. He was like an uncle to me. A few months before my mom was diagnosed he left again. He told my dad that he was tired of pack life. Wanted to roam around. Haven't seen him since, but my dad talks to him a few times every few months." I explained.

"Um..."

"What?"

"Jordi... That's my dad. My real dad."

---------------

Felt like I owed this to you guys for last chapter being so short. Hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!