#62: Heat Me Up

Chuuya shivers as he walks down the sidewalk, freed from the shackles of school for the day.

He gripes to himself.

"It's so cold! Isn't it only September? It feels like Winter! Like Autumn has ended."

Dazai hears this familiar voice and sees the petite redhead walking home, hands shoved in his pockets.

Ah, Chuuya, Dazai thinks.

He approaches him and gets his attention by pawing at his hand, Chuuya taking his hand out of his pocket to let Dazai hold it.

Dazai smiles his typical shit-eating grin that Chuuya knows will be followed by something obnoxious.

"Ah, hello, Chuuya! I almost missed you, because you're so small! You're so short, I think I may cry~"

Chuuya scowls. "Hah? What kind of shitty excuse..."

He drones off before he realizes something. He feels as if a prickle had run through his entire body.

He yanks his hand out of Dazai's and stares at him as if he had done something offensive.

"What the fuck?! What's up with your hand?! It's so cold!! So cold that I need to warm my hand back up!"

Dazai stares at his hand for a moment, then at Chuuya, and laughs.

"Hehe, was that too much~?"

He slings his arms over the shorter boy's shoulders.

"Then, Chuuya can heat me up."

Chuuya does not feel like protesting, until he feels Dazai's hands run further south.

Dazai leans up to his ear and lowers his voice.

"Is it warm here~?"

On instinct, as Chuuya's face flushes, he spins around and slaps Dazai.

"What the fuck are you doing, you weird bastard?!"

Unfortunately, however, since Chuuya does not know his own strength, he hit Dazai too hard, and has now left him on all fours on the ground.

"Ah, shit, sorry...you've...you've just been acting weird all day, y'know?? I was gonna react at some point!"

Dazai laughs, and then coughs.

"I suppose you're right, Chuuya."

Even left in a state of pain, the way Dazai drawls out his name still leaves Chuuya blushing harder, and shivering for a reason other than the cold.