Chapter 1: Basics

Bella's P.O.V

"Isabella! Get your butt up right now!" Charlie screamed. I jumped off of my so called "bed" and started getting ready for school. I hate school but I would rather go to school and be picked on than stay here and be punished for being alive. Charlie is my father. But, he doesn't act like my father. He blames me for my mother's death because she died giving birth to me. He has been beating me ever then and I am nine years old right now. I honestly don't know how I am alive. "You better be ready you little brat!!" He stormed into my room and pulled me by my hair and threw me out the door. I screamed from the pain. "Shut up and get to school brat!" I ran down the street with tears running down my eyes. "I don't understand what I did to deserve this." I mumbled to myself. I sat down on the sidewalk to get myself together. I took a couple of deep breaths and got up and ran to school. I got there just in time to put my things in my cubby and take my seat. I was shocked to see that we have a new teacher. Then I realized that she was just absolutely beautiful! "Good morning class! My name is Mrs. Cullen. I will be your teacher from now on and wears going to have a great year!" She said. She seems like a very nice lady I thought to myself. A girl named Lauren raised her hand. "Yes?" Asked Mrs. Cullen. "You are very pretty." Said Lauren. "Thank you sweety. What's your name?" "Lauren." "Well Lauren you are very pretty as well." Lauren blushed. "All you girls are very beautiful and all you boys are very handsome." She smiled. I think just about everyone blushed.
We went on with our lesson until it was time for recess. I went towards the swings and started swinging but I didn't go very high because I was afraid. Then all of the sudden, I was pushed off by Jessica Stanley. "What did you do that for?" I asked. Because I want to swing and you shouldn't be having fun." She said. I walked away and sat on the sidewalk waiting to go back inside. "Hello". Asked a woman. I turned around to see Mrs. Cullen smiling at me. "Hi". I mumbled. "Why aren't you playing with the other kids?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't have have any friends." I said quietly. "I will be your friend". She said. "Okay!" I smiled. "What's your name baby?" She asked. "Isabella. But call me Bella". "Okay Bella". Then it was time to go back inside. I walked beside Mrs. Cullen because I just feel safe with her.
After our next lesson it was time to go home. I really, really don't want to go home. I walked up to Mrs. Cullen's desk. "Bye Mrs. Cullen. I said. "Bye sweetheart. Who is picking you up from school?" I looked down at the floor. "I walk home every day". I said. She gasped. "Honey it is freezing outside! I will give you a ride home." "Really? Thanks!"
During the ride home Mrs. Cullen and I talked about different things. I decided to put my hair up in a ponytail. Mrs. Cullen gasped. "Bella baby what happened? I looked at her confused then I realized that I have bruises all over my neck from where Charlie would hurt me. I stayed quiet should I tell her? No. Charlie would kill me if he found out. "I'm not sure how those got there." I lied. "Hmm". She said. "Bella you know you can tell me anything right?" I gulped and nodded. Then she pulled into my driveway. Bye Mrs. Cullen. Thank you for the ride!" I said. "Of course. Would you like for me to give you a ride in the morning?" She asked. "Yes please!" "Bye Bella". She said. "Bye". I walked in my house and Charlie picked me up and threw me across the room. "I screamed from the pain. "Shut up!" He yelled. "Who was that woman? Did you tell her anything?" "No! I promise!" I yelled. He punched my jaw and kicked me over and over again. "Don't you ever raise your voice with me!" He said and went into his room. I crawled into my "bed" and went to sleep, dreaming about having a good time for once with Mrs. Cullen.