(22) The Unknown

THIRD POV

Apollo was currently in the infirmary checking on the vitals of Percy and the loudmouth demigod. He had no desire to heal Dave but he didn't want to deny him in front of his father. He had a feeling Ares wouldn't mind as much but I didn't want to risk it. Suppose he'll call it a favor. 

It's been half an hour and neither demigod woke. In Dave's case, it was mostly a matter of rest and feeding him ambrosia and nectar. Percy, however, was an enigma. He shouted in pain earlier and collapsed. The god suspected that the sudden burst of power was too much for him to handle. It could be dangerous if such a thing continues. Who knows what effects it could have on his body. Apollo took a sample another sample of his blood and x-rays just in case. The x-rays came out perfectly fine thankfully. But he was still waiting for the blood samples to be processed. 

He raised his clipboard and pen while walking to monitor attached to Percy and recorded the data. He was just about finished when he heard some commotion outside. He thought nothing of it. He imagined that the other gods were done by now or at least close to being finished. But then the door was slammed open revealing a very angry Poseidon and Hermes who followed behind him. 

'Oh, gods' the sun god thought. "Uncle, what brings you here?"

The lord of the seas ignored his question looked around the room until it landed on his son. "What is happening to him, Apollo? You said it was nothing serious." 

Apollo maintained a calm expression but was panicking on the inside. How was he supposed to get out of this one? He peered to the side, silently begging for Hermes to help. The messenger god simply gave a smile and a thumbs up. 'Damn you Hermes' he thought. 

"Well?" Poseidon asked turning to him. 

He chose his words very carefully, "I'm sorry Uncle. But there isn't much that I can say. Even I am unaware of the true cause of his condition. I took x-rays earlier and they came out perfectly fine. I took another set of blood samples and they are still being processed." 

"How can this be. He appears to have no physical injuries so what could be causing these episodes? What would have caused him to lose control over his powers? Tell me in detail what happened. Don't leave anything out."

"I...Well, there was-" 

Just then Poseidon's trident began to glow in a flashing manner. He let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I am needed back in Atlantis. I can never stay away too long. I want a report of his health once you are finished. If you are unable to tell me anything I will take him with me to Atlantis and have my specialist look at him. This conversation is not over." And with that water swirled around him until there was only water vapor in his place. 

Once he was gone Apollo let out a sigh and Hermes placed a hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner. Apollo was so relieved that the sea god was gone that he took no notice of the insult Poseidon threw at him. 

"So how did it go?" Apollo asked Hermes. 

"It seems successful. Thankfully we were able to finish before Poseidon got here. It was close though. I believe they're still discussing Artemis whereabout. If you are done we should join them. We might be needed." 

"I'm not but the samples won't be done processing for a bit so I will go." 

The two left the infirmary to join the other Olympians. 

******

PERCY POV
If I was awake I wouldn't know. I couldn't see a thing. It was darkness all around me, everything was pitch black. And top it all off, I couldn't even move.  No matter how much I tried I couldn't escape It was like I was stuck in limbo.

And slowly I started to feel numb and started to lose my sense of reality.

Why was I here? 

Where am I? 

They're waiting for me. I need to get back. I need to get back to...to...

I couldn't remember. What am I doing again? I should just rest here. There's no need to rush. No one would care. 

I was starting to feel very tired. My eyes started to droop but that didn't matter. I couldn't see anything. 

I felt a feeling of content fill me. I think I'll just stay here. 

And I did. I don't know how long I was there. It could've been seconds, hours, days, months, or even years. But I stayed still, unmoving. 

Then he started to hear whispers. So many people were talking. It started to get louder and louder until it was deafening. However, he noticed that two voices were louder than the other.  He focused and concentrated until he could zero in on one conversation. 

"What have you done!??" 

"I did what I had to."

 "The laws! You've broken them. There will be consequences." 

"If there are consequences so be it." 

"Father will not be pleased."

"Father will have to understand. He knows this is our last chance. He is our last chance." 

"You still had no right" 

"You can say what you want but without him, we are doomed. It was foolish of us to think it would be so simple" 

"We were all unprepared" 

"Shhhhh he's waking up" 

"What shall we do?"

"What we should've done in the first place." 

Then the voices started to fade into the background of all the other whispers. They too started to quiet down until I was left in silence. 

Alone in darkness once again.