Chapter sixty four: Surprising turn of events

Start from the beginning

As I'm sitting on the couch, I start to hear Jen talking on the baby monitor and I don't think she realises that I can hear every word she's saying. I sit and continue to listen intently.

"Your daddy just doesn't get it does he. He doesn't get that I want to spend every waking minute with you and your sister. He doesn't get that I'm always worrying about something happening to you guys. You two are the biggest accomplishments of my whole entire life and I don't want anything or anyone standing in the way of the way I parent you two. I can't stand the idea of leaving you and Ophelia with anyone else that you guys don't know or that I don't know. I hope daddy comes to his senses soon because I'm not allowing anyone in this house that I don't know to take care of you, my precious girls"

I didn't realise how Jen actually felt about this whole nanny thing. Just listening to her talking to Pollyanna about it just makes me realise that maybe I was wrong. Maybe we don't need help after all.

I continue to listen to her talk and it's starting to break my heart. She's pouring her heart out to our one year old when she should feel like she's able to do that with me. When I hear her start to cry, I decide I need to go up there. I walk up the stairs and stand in the doorway to see Jen sitting on the chair rocking Pollyanna in her arms as she continues to cry.

"Hey babe..." I say as I make my way inside

"What?" She says in a cold tone which lets me know she's still pissed

"I just wanted to come and say that I agree with you"

"You what?"

"I agree with you. I think we can handle doing this on our own without any help but most importantly, I want to. I want it to just be us"

"What made you change your mind all of a sudden?"

"Well I heard you talking to her when I was downstairs..."

"Wait you heard? How?"

"The baby monitor. Anyways, I didn't realise how you actually felt about it. Of course I don't want to put our children in any danger, I just thought it might take some of the stress off of us for a while"

"I know we are stressed babe but I absolutely love it. I wouldn't change anything for the world. They are so worth waking up through the night and waking up super early. They are worth being thrown up on just after I've taken a shower, they are worth being peed on when we let them roam around without a diaper. They are worth absolutely everything and anything. I love them so much Brad and I just want us to be their primary carers"

"Then if that's what you want, then that's what we'll do. When we got married, I promised to make you happy until the day I die and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I wouldn't want you to feel uncomfortable with someone in our home looking after our girls. I love you so much and I'm so sorry for making you upset baby"

She looks at me and then stands up with Pollyanna who is still resting on her shoulder and she walks over to me and I pull her into a hug.

"I love you so much too babe"

*A week later*

(Jen's P.O.V)

"BRAD... I've got to leave right now" I yell to him as he's taking forever in the shower

"I'm coming babe, calm down" He says as he comes down the stairs in a pair of shorts

"Where are you going again?"

"My yearly appointment at the gynaecologist. I shouldn't be long, maybe an hour, tops"

I kiss Brad and the girls goodbye and make my way to the doctors office.