S T A R B O Y 4|4

Start from the beginning

As if there was some kind of invisible force Ethan couldn't withdraw from; pulling him closer and closer. A string that linked the two of them together until he stood right in front of the lone dancer.

But before Ethan could think of what to do next, could think of something to say, his trance-like condition shattered in an instant. A woman had bumped into him, slurring a very drunk "Sorry." Too bad sorry didn't sweeten Ethan's fucking tea, when he lost his balance and stumbled into the stranger; who hissed in pain.

"Hey! Whadd'ya think you-"

"Oh shit, fuck!" Ethan exclaimed. Just what had he been thinking in the first place, creeping up on the poor dude like some fucking stalker? "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to- I just. Here, let me help you."

When the man looked at him and his outstretched hand, Ethan's words got stuck in his throat. Even with the glare in his eyes and a snarl on his lips, his face is unmistakably beautiful. It sounded cheesy to his own ears, but it was the only word coming to Ethan's mind. That and 'breathtaking'.

Breathtakingly beautiful.

Ethan had never believed in love at the first sight. Now, looking at the man in front of him, he might as well put his opinions on that into the next available trash an. No one tell Lillie, but just like that, he was trapped in one of the corny rom coms he liked to make fun of.

The world stopped in its tracks, the music muted and the people surrounding them a blur of silhouettes. Only the blue and white lights kept moving, twitching erratically, and the bass of the song still rang through his body. But that also could have been his heart, pumping blood through his veins to a beat that made his toes twitch and fingertips prickle.

He couldn't pinpoint the stranger's eye color with the strobe lights shimmering in them, but it didn't make them any less mesmerizing. And was that glitter on his cheeks?

They stared at each other for what felt like an eternity, but thinking back it could've only been a few seconds. Yet for that moment, time had stopped.

Ethan had never believed in love at first sight, but now he wasn't so sure anymore.

When the man took his offered hand, Ethan feared that his heart might stop right then and there. Thankfully, it didn't, and he pulled him up and onto his feet. They were still staring at each other. Why did it feel like his lungs would give up on him and second now? He cleared his throat and said the first thing that came to his mind.

"Hi."

Good job, he thought and rubbed his neck, overcome with embarrassment. Were his palms always this sweaty? Oh, shit- had they been this sweaty when Ethan had pulled him up as well? He hoped to god they hadn't been this sweaty when he had pulled the man up.

His thoughts were running in circles. His thoughts almost never ran in circles. Why were they running in circles? Why was he making such a fool of himself right now?

Ethan wasn't one for bragging, but most people would usually describe him as a charming guy, not an awkward idiot. Lillie would call him a regular idiot - or a doofus, but she didn't count. Especially since she would have an absolute blast watching the current situation unfold.

Fingers crossed she wasn't watching the current situation unfold.

The man blinked at him a few times. "Hi," he offered in return.

To be fair, Ethan hadn't really provided a good conversation starter to begin with, so really, who could blame the poor guy. Time to brush up on his charming side.

"Uh, sorry." Real charming, indeed. Try again, Ethan. "About pushing you down, I mean." Wow. Outstanding performance. He should get an Academy Award for that line. Or the Pulitzer Prize.