Chapter 4 Asleep

Chapter 4 Asleep

Warning: slight talk about weed uses and slight talk about mental health.

Fawn POV.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair a couple of times before I place it into a messy bun so it doesn't bother me when i'm working. I was ready for bed, but my room wasn't ready at all.

I have to just unpack a bit of stuff and make my bed before I could finally go to bed

I have to just unpack a bit of stuff and make my bed before I could finally go to bed. I placed all of my bags onto my bed and went to unzip one of them but I was interrupted by a knock on my bedroom door.

Without turning around from my bag I yelled out a quick come in, the sounds of footsteps were heard behind me coming closer and closer, "How was your dinner...? Was it good? I saw you put half of it away. Was there something wrong with it?" Mom asks question after question. Her arms are filled with blankets and pillows.

"Dinner was good, I liked it, nothing was wrong with the food" I stared.... This is going to be so fricken awkward, only if she brings it up, "And i... wasn't that hungry since I had eaten at one of the dinners I had stopped off at," i said.

That wasn't a lie. I had eaten there, I ate mostly everything on my plate but i couldn't finish all of it so i saved it for later and later happened and i finished before we reached Mystic Falls. The walk had made me hungry but not that hungry to stuff my face with a big burger and a big salad.

"I didn't want to waste the food so I saved it for tomorrow," I said.

She just nods her head and stares at me, it was awkward for a few seconds before she moved from her spot and stepped towards me. "Would you want help on making your bed?" she asks.

I nod my head and walk over to her with my arms open, "Yes please" I said. "Thank you," I added. I took the pillows from her arms and placed them onto my desk before I rushed over to my bed to help her. I took my bags off the bed and I placed them onto the ground close to my bed. "So how was work?" I ask awkwardly.

She chuckles and shakes her head at me, "It was... an interesting day. It got better with you coming home" she starts with, "But how was the bus here? Any problems getting here?" She asks.

"It was ok. We stopped a couple times to get gas and food. The bus wasn't really packed. I think there were.... seven other people there. I didn't sit close to them," I said as I helped her out.

"So... Doctor June called me a couple days ago to update me on how you were doing. She told me that you have reached a good weight and are doing better.... And in the mental state too"

Mental state... that's what she's calling it now?

"They have all given me the talk about why you smoke weed... please not in the house though" she said. "You're not mad?" I asked.

"Don't tell Caroline but I dabbled into that stuff when I was a teenager. I like it but I did it for the stupidest reasons. I'm fine with you using it for those reasons, just dont over use it or don't do it for supide reasons" she said.