Part 27

I felt like I was gonna die, I felt like shit, my leg was numb. Then I remembered that we were talking about my mom, "hey, what happened to my mom" Johnny, hawk and his mom all exchanged the same sad and guilty look. "I'm gonna ask one more time, What happened to my mom" they all looked down, "hawk has something he wants to talk about" Johnny said avoiding my question, "HEY" "my mom has something she'd like to tell you" hawk said doing the same thing as Johnny did, "well this is gonna be hard for you, but you're gonna live with me and Eli for a while, you see, you're mom got in a bad car accident yesterday and the doctors don't think she's gonna make it" she started crying. It took me a second to comprehend what she had just told me, "can I go see her" just then a nurse came in to check on me I guess, "can I go see my mom" the nurse looked worried, Hawk's mom went out of the room to go talk with one of the nurses, hawk held me in his lap, I started to cry, moon came into the room, "what do you want" "I wanted to apologize, I promise that Sam was the one who made me do all of this" I felt kinda bad, "thanks moon..." my leg started throbbing, it hurt like hell, I was trying to conceal the pain so that nobody would say anything, I was holding my breath to try to get the pain to go away, it didn't work. "Are you ok Annie?" Moon said, "no..." it all went black, I was back in my own thoughts, just me in a dark room. I was in a hallway, I saw me as a five year old sitting in my childhood room, stained walls, ripped up carpet, and my old toys, the nicest ones I had, I heard my mom and dad yelling in the other room, I heard some glass smash on the floor, then it was silent, my older sister Daphne came into my room and reassured me that everything was going to be ok, then my drunk dad came into the room and shot my sister. The memory still lives in my head, every time Sam talks about my dad or sister that's what I always think about.