Chapter 26

Cohen Point of view
Never be alone

The police come into our hospital room after the doctor of giving me their final examination of my health and re-bandaged my arm because I burned it that nights of the fire rescue her and then many other innocent people from the burning building in the warehouse where they kidnapped my girl.
"what is happening and why do I see police officers or another security officer outside mine and her room?"I ask the doctor confusedly.

The doctor turns around to look at me and sitting down on a seat at the other side of the room to explain why our room is over guarded.
"Her mother Stella Marie is the person who organised her daughter and your room to have guards constantly watching over the both of you.who is allowed to go in and out of this room is up to you"the doctor explain everything in detail to me.

Her mother Stella Marie walks inside our hospital room looking like she was weeping earlier today including reaching out her hand to hold her daughter Reagan hand.
"Thanks you for saving and looking after her Cohen"her mother Stella Marie said gratefully to me.

I should be the one thanking her for bringing up such a amazing girl like her daughter into my life.
"No need to thank me for saving your daughter and if anything she makes me the most happiness man in the world"I said honestly to her mother Stella Marie.

Stella Marie sniff back her tears in sadness for seeing her daughter laying down on her hospital bed not responding back to her.

"Well I don't think I did all that myself to be honest she have always been independent and such a wonderful daughter to me since she was born"her mother Stella Marie said modestly to me.

I am amazed to see her mother dropping everything off in her own life to go see her daughter in the hospital and I know that she try to give her daughter an ordinary life by placing her daughter in the care of Reagan grandparents even sometimes her auntie too.
"I burn your daughter so much that it even hurts me to seeing her this way and I will always try my best to do right by her"I said honestly declaring my love for her daughter Reagan in front of her.

Her mother Stella Marie smile brightly at me with tears of joy before looking to her daughter Reagan and I get up chair to kiss Reagan on her forehead.
"I know that she loves you too"her mother Stella Marie said to me.

I just want to go outside somewhere to get some air in the meantime I let the rest of our friends inside our  hospital room when I see my dad sitting down in the waiting room with his head in his hands.
"Dad what are you doing here?"I ask my dad.

I walks next to my dad chair taking a seat in the opposite direction in addition to my my hearing my voice he peers up at me.
"Son as soon as I get the call from the hospital that you were in a burning building accident, I have to drop everything in a heartbeat and Reagan mum to the hospital with me to see her daughter"my dad said in relief to me.

I couldn't even bring myself to smile not when she still in the hospital bed fighting for her life and one tear start to leak out of my eyes and I feel like I just need a fresh air from all this trauma and pain in life.

"I don't understand she doesn't deserve to go through all of this suffering that life has already put her through when she is such an innocent and good person"I said honestly confusedly to my dad.

I want to take away all of her pain, build a time machine to go back and rewrite our past pain to rewind to her from getting ambushed by her kidnapper men.
"You can only have the choice to rewrite your future however you cannot rewrite past history and try make your present life better than your past life"my dad said wisely to me.

I learn my life lesson from my dad wiser words about life although right now may feel like I am sinking ship never ever give up when times get tough and be your own anchors to pull yourself back up again.
"You are right dad and now I all I have to do is to all be there for her every step of the way"i said obliged to my dad.

I check the time on my watch to see it is six thirty pm and this means that it time to go back to check on how she is doing so far or if she might have waking up yet.

"I can tell that you love her son"my dad wilfully to me with a proud smirk on his face.

I didn't even bother to deny it because I know what feel for her is real , I undeniably utterly in love with her and this is the type of love where sparks or you can tired from because I could never ever get tired of being with or watching her endlessly smile, giggling with joyful in her eyes, her beautiful angelic voice gracefully meet my heart once it reaches my ears and the sun will never fades away or all the stars at night including the moon will forever and always shine as bright as her.
"Yes indeed, I am falling for her at a exceedingly fast rates and I will always be there for her in her time of need or whenever she wants me to be there for her"I confess to my dad about my feelings of love towards her.

My dad and I bid farewell to each other before I went to see how my girl is doing or to check if she made any progress so far.

Her mother Stella Marie said "Goodbye,thanking for being there for my daughter every set of the way and I know that you will never break her heart  because you love her as much as she love you"Reagan mother wave once more time, giving me her new contact information to handle over to her daughter once Reagan wake up before leaving.

I politely wave back to Reagan mom Stella Marie and soon turn my attention back on my girl.
"You will never be alone"I whispered in her quietly.

I use my thumbs to gently caress her hand ,I kissing the side of her face and then her forehead until her doctor or nurse comes into her hospital room to check on her.

I stayed in her hospital room every night occasionally watching over her to keep her safe and sound away from the dark and heartless world if I have too.

She will never be alone again because I will make sure that anyone hurts her or even start to think about touching a precious hair on her head nor a bone in her body!